Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#132263 - 05/16/06 11:12 PM Kudos to PFYC
Chunkee Offline
Loc: Charlotte, NC
Ok, I have to give props to PFYC.

I had ordered a set of the reflective lettering for the rear bumper of my GP.

I waited and waited and they never showed up frown

Finally I sent an email to customer support. In less than 30 minutes I had a reply (that is unheard of in these times we live in).

We went back and forth thru email a couple times verifying mailing addresses and what not (normal and expected reaction on their part)

They said they would have a new set shipped out.

I wait and I wait...still nothing frown

Finally I email them again asking if maybe the place that makes the letters had my address wrong.
Apparently they did because in two days after that last email I recieved them in the mail...yay! smile

Story isn't over yet...

So I decide to put them on after my long wait for them to arrive.

DOH! I ripped the "P" (the very first letter I try to put on, after waxing and cleaning my GP for 3 hours no less)..I am a dumbass....grrr

So I give up in frustration, even laugh a little at my incompetence. I put the rest of the letters in the glove box to sit and rot until who knows when.

I reply to the email string that I did in fact finally recieve the letters but I had destroyed the very first one I tried to apply and that I had given up with that whole project..

I did not expect a reply at all.

What I got was "just an FYI, a replacement "P" will be dropped in the mail for you. Thanks."

Unbeliveable! I had told them that I was giving up on the project and I appreciated their help in getting the letters to me anyways and they come back at me with that.

I am impressed (I know its a lousy 25 cents worth of sticker, but its the thought that counts here) and PFYC has just gotten a lot more business from me just because of their customer support.

I wish other companies could understand the importance of a good customer support and timely replies to questions asked by the consumers..
#132264 - 05/16/06 11:45 PM Re: Kudos to PFYC
crimpton Offline
Loc: Portland Or.
I had the pleasure of meeting Mike Lewis(co-founder of PFYC.com) a couple of weeks ago. He IS the upstanding person that everyone told me he was.
PFYC.com is all about customer service, and you don't need to spend thousands of dollars to be recognized.
I must give a shout out to Reflective Concepts which is prolly where your overlays came from. They also have great customer service. I can attest to that... wink

http://pdxcgp.com
#132265 - 05/17/06 01:19 AM Re: Kudos to PFYC
UMfan Offline
Loc: Oregon
Yeah PFYC is awesome. I used their Live Chat feature today (with Mike Lewis) when placing an order. Live Chat is a great tool and it helped me place my order while I was supposed to be working since I couldn't be on the phone doing it.
#132266 - 05/17/06 01:32 AM Re: Kudos to PFYC
Dementeddj Offline
Loc: Kansas (Redneck Country)
yeah, I ordered some parts from them a while back, shipping was supposed to take 4-5 days, and it was to me the next day. I was amazed!! Come to find out that thier W/H is just down the road from me a little way, now if I can only get them to not charge me shipping next time, and let me pick it up from the W/H. (I hope, I hope, I hope)
98 GTP GMPP handling kit, HomemadeFWI, MSD coils, Taylor wires, 180 drilled tstat, TR6IX plugs, Intense STD PCM, JimmyC DP, Thrasher shift kit (mild setting), AGX/Intrigue spring setup, drilled/slotted rotors with Hawk HPS pads. Hopefully more to come
#132267 - 05/17/06 09:58 AM Re: Kudos to PFYC
UMfan Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by Dementeddj:
yeah, I ordered some parts from them a while back, shipping was supposed to take 4-5 days, and it was to me the next day. I was amazed!! Come to find out that thier W/H is just down the road from me a little way, now if I can only get them to not charge me shipping next time, and let me pick it up from the W/H. (I hope, I hope, I hope)
I think it was either AustinGTP or crimpton that said PFYC uses 3-4 warehouses located around the country. So depending on which part you order, you may not be able to pick it up.
#132268 - 05/17/06 11:08 AM Re: Kudos to PFYC
framos242 Offline
Loc: Chicago, IL
Now if they only have in stock the S/S brake lines...
DHP V1.0, Slotted rotors, S/S Brake Lines, Custom CAI, GMPP Handling Kit, KYB's, Jimmy C DP (U-Bend delete w/ Hi-flow cat), Flowmaster Super 40's, drilled 180° T-Stat, Alt. Rewire & Alt. Voltage Booster Combo, 605's, ZZP Motor Mounts

"The only difference between me and a madman is that I am NOT mad!" - Dali
#132269 - 05/17/06 12:10 PM Re: Kudos to PFYC
TastyBake Offline
Loc: Ohio
The customer service and qty has always been phenomenal to me. Never a bad experience.

[GONE]
GenV GTP engine, 12" Brakes, CAI, 3" DP, HighFlo Cat, 180 T-Stat, Aeroforce Gauge, Front STB, Stinger Fiberglass hood, Reflective Graphics.
#132270 - 05/17/06 03:41 PM Re: Kudos to PFYC
AustinGTP Offline
Loc: Austin, TX
Quote:
I think it was either AustinGTP or crimpton that said PFYC uses 3-4 warehouses located around the country. So depending on which part you order, you may not be able to pick it up.
Yup, I know they have a W/H in Kansas and one in the WA State area. There are a couple more spread out around the US but I'm not sure where. They do have awsome C/S and the live support is pretty freaking sweet.
Now if they'll just choose my car for "GP of the week", I'd be thrilled to death!

Died 5/1/08, resurrected 5/15/08
ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#132271 - 05/17/06 05:55 PM Re: Kudos to PFYC
UMfan Offline
I just placed an order with zzp and I noticed they have livechat too. Plus zoomer gave me $10 off my next purchase. cool

I'm spending way too much money on this car. I need to block this website.
#132272 - 05/17/06 07:08 PM Re: Kudos to PFYC
AustinGTP Offline
Loc: Austin, TX
Just remember UM, If the wife (or soon to be) catches you spending too much money on the car, it's always easier to beg for forgivness than it is to ask for permission.
smile

Died 5/1/08, resurrected 5/15/08
ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#132273 - 05/17/06 10:07 PM Re: Kudos to PFYC
UMfan Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by AustinGTP:
Just remember UM, If the wife (or soon to be) catches you spending too much money on the car, it's always easier to beg for forgivness than it is to ask for permission.
smile
cheers

She has been surprisingly cool about it all. I guess that's because I make like 10 times more than her and I basically support us both, so she figures I deserve a little of it. wink

I even floated the idea about getting a flat panel monitor for my computer today and she just said "so get one". eek
#132274 - 05/18/06 06:40 AM Re: Kudos to PFYC
buggy2068 Offline
Loc: Warrensburg, MO
It is always a beautiful thing when the wife is supportive of the car. I tell my wife what I am getting and she is like, "Cool! so, when will it be here?" It is great. She is probably being nice about it all, but secretly planning to blow the thing up. It is actually her car. I just took over it when we got married.