Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#132481 - 12/16/08 10:50 PM Re: Any advice on insurance matters in a fender bender appreciated. (Pictures added)
Nateball Offline
Loc: Columbia MO
WEll, I think I'm going to let them deal with it howver they want. I went and got my first estimate today from the fancy-shmancy body shop in town and they gave it a total of about $1340. Now, I need to get a couple more and I'll let them decide if they want their insurance to pay for it or not.
I understand where they're coming from, I guess this could have an effect on the driver's CDL and I don't think he was driving poorly, it's just a shit street in the ice.
Richard, I see your point and was thinking about reporting it just so I would have documantation, but she's getting to be an old girl and all of the repairs and fixes so far haven't been reported to insurance, so I think I'll just keep the insurance guys out of it.
#132482 - 12/17/08 09:06 AM Re: Any advice on insurance matters in a fender bender appreciated. (Pictures added)
Zalfrin Offline
Loc: Iowa City, IA
You're thinking about it too logically, Rick. wink While what you say is true, whether or not you're at fault has nothing to do with it. If your insurance company pays anything, your rates will go up (some companies give you one w/o rate increases). It varies from state to state if your insurance company will have to pay or not (some states your insurance pays and collects from others, some states you have to wait for the other person's insurance to pay).

As long as it's in writing (and those pics certainly help), worse comes to worse you go to small claims court.
#132483 - 12/17/08 08:14 PM Re: Any advice on insurance matters in a fender bender appreciated. (Pictures added)
palsut Offline
Loc: Batavia, Ohio
Since you have it on writing and picture of "proof" accident. No reason to get insurance around since they don't want to. Let them pay for it. If they "lied" to you for get it out then you have everything on writing papers and pictures to small claims court like I already done that when black lady cut me off and hit my car when she lied about fake insurance.
#132484 - 12/17/08 08:19 PM Re: Any advice on insurance matters in a fender bender appreciated. (Pictures added)
Richard Candelario Offline
there is that. problem I see is that if something comes up and you present those pics, the arguement against you just might be that you chopped those pics. Just giving you something else to think about.

Report it.

WizAire CAI w/9" K&N & HV3, 2.5" d/p w/h/f cat, Cobra CB, PowerSlot slots w/Hawk HPS, GR-2s, GMPP handling kit, NextLevel STBs, Pilot Sport A/S Plus tires.

98 L36/MM5
RaC
#132485 - 12/17/08 08:23 PM Re: Any advice on insurance matters in a fender bender appreciated. (Pictures added)
palsut Offline
Well, I don't know how many pictures that he took. If he took 2 pictures only then he should walk around (right side of this car) to take more pictures where damage is. If it is happened to me then I will take lot of pictures as much to prove it is not chopped pictures.

Well, that's up to him to think about.
#132486 - 12/17/08 08:25 PM Re: Any advice on insurance matters in a fender bender appreciated. (Pictures added)
Richard Candelario Offline
true. more pics from more angles at and after the collision would help remove any doubt whatsoever as to the validity to the claim.

Report it.

WizAire CAI w/9" K&N & HV3, 2.5" d/p w/h/f cat, Cobra CB, PowerSlot slots w/Hawk HPS, GR-2s, GMPP handling kit, NextLevel STBs, Pilot Sport A/S Plus tires.

98 L36/MM5
RaC
#132487 - 12/17/08 08:29 PM Re: Any advice on insurance matters in a fender bender appreciated. (Pictures added)
jaybur Offline
Loc: Ashland Oregon
they could have done a hit and run, the fact that they stuck around to make sure you knew they hit it is a good sign.

1994 Honda civic CX hatchback (BIG MPG) STAYING STOCK
*******1999 GT SOLD*****
#132488 - 12/17/08 08:32 PM Re: Any advice on insurance matters in a fender bender appreciated. (Pictures added)
palsut Offline
Yeah, I'm surprise they wait for it. I thought they might oh sh!t I hit red car. My boss will fired me because I crash the company truck. hmmm think think think... If I get out and say nothing but there is damage on left front. damn damn damn my life is over! I will be homeless tomorrow and sleep with lot of garbage bags lol
#132489 - 12/18/08 07:34 AM Re: Any advice on insurance matters in a fender bender appreciated. (Pictures added)
Nateball Offline
Loc: Columbia MO
I have about 12 more pictures (different angles, close-ups, picture of his license plate, picture of the driver, pictures of damage after I pulled away.)

He may be a great guy, but he couldn't leave anyway. He couldn't back his truck up the hill with the ice, so he was basically stuck behind me till I moved my car. Anyhow, I'm going to grab a quote from the dealership and then one other place tomorrow and hopefully I will have money in hand by Friday evening.
#132490 - 12/18/08 08:32 AM Re: Any advice on insurance matters in a fender bender appreciated. (Pictures added)
00grandprixgt Offline
Loc: Wall Lake Iowa
Quote:
Originally posted by palsut:
Yeah, I'm surprise they wait for it. I thought they might oh sh!t I hit red car. My boss will fired me because I crash the company truck. hmmm think think think... If I get out and say nothing but there is damage on left front. damn damn damn my life is over! I will be homeless tomorrow and sleep with lot of garbage bags lol
That made my day palsut LOL

-98 GTP DAYTONA 752/1500
-Intake
-CCG grills
-HID
-Tint
-1 12" Pioneer Premier
soon to come: projectors,exhaust work, 3.4 setup.
#132491 - 12/18/08 09:30 AM Re: Any advice on insurance matters in a fender bender appreciated. (Pictures added)
jaybur Offline
Quote:
If I get out and say nothing but there is damage on left front. damn damn damn my life is over! I will be homeless tomorrow and sleep with lot of garbage bags
Just make sure its not a bag full of dirty diapers, from babies OR elderly, BLEH........

*******1999 GT SOLD*****
#132492 - 12/18/08 09:34 AM Re: Any advice on insurance matters in a fender bender appreciated. (Pictures added)
palsut Offline
lol garbage man already stink so I'm sure he doesn't mind sleep on diapers garbage bags wink
#132493 - 12/18/08 10:09 AM Re: Any advice on insurance matters in a fender bender appreciated. (Pictures added)
Zalfrin Offline
Loc: Iowa City, IA
You should make out well, just replace the parts yourself and pocket the change. The estimates will tell you what needs to be done, and you can get the parts much cheaper than what the shops quote.
#132494 - 12/18/08 12:18 PM Re: Any advice on insurance matters in a fender bender appreciated. (Pictures added)
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
But you'll still need the prep and paint. Other party is footin the bill so why not have them pay for the parts and labor.
#132495 - 12/18/08 12:20 PM Re: Any advice on insurance matters in a fender bender appreciated. (Pictures added)
jaybur Offline
just buy red parts....... if possible that is!

*******1999 GT SOLD*****
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >