Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#132999 - 05/04/02 12:55 AM conversion from SE to GT?
fiercebboy Offline
Loc: OKC
hey, i was just curious of it is possible to change a 98 SE to a GT. The SE has most all the options found in a GT. 3800 series engine, HUD, its just loaded. Is it possible to change the front to look like a GT (i like the grill on top)? The SE is so ugly in the front (grill on bottom). Is it possible to find a front end at a junk yard from a GT and bolt it on the SE with out any problems? What about the rear end? Can i bolt that on without any problems too? Oh yeah, and the duel exhaust. is it really duel exhaust, or is it split somewhere to make it look like dual exhaust. any help is appreciated.. thanks
jed
#133000 - 05/04/02 08:40 AM Re: conversion from SE to GT?
Chrissy from MA Offline
Loc: Kingston, MA
I have a 97 SE, I have the SLP loudmouth exhaust, it bolts right on...you just need to go to the dealer and buy the hangers for the other side...about 10 bucks....its not true dual..they split right before the rear tires. Also, I went to a junk yard and bought the rear bumper cover...no problems there... One question though...why did you buy an SE if you wanted a GT???? I prefer the sleeper look....pulling up next to a Civic with all his stickers and blowing his doors off is SO fun.... devilgrin

Mods: Thrasher CAI w/ Relocated IAT Sensor, STB's, 180-Tstat, RT High flow CAT, SLP Loudmouth Exhaust, DHP PCM, MSD Coils,GM Tranny Cooler, Painted calipers w/ Grandprix decals,MSD Coils,PIAA superwhite headlights and Superwhite fogs,clear corners, and a whole lotta bass....