Let me know your idea...I could use one....LOL
#133742 - 01/05/05 09:05 AM Re: gp owners street cred
AustinGTP Offline
Loc: Austin, TX
Quote:
Originally posted by TexasGP:
Not yet.......
Let me know your idea...I could use one....LOL
If you want, when you work on my second set of LED's I'll build you a box, like mine.

Died 5/1/08, resurrected 5/15/08
ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#133743 - 01/05/05 12:46 PM Re: gp owners street cred
Dcp594 Offline
Loc: Frederick, MD
Quote:
Originally posted by 2fast4u:
My grandma had a 94 roadmaster, It was when i was little but if i recall correctly it had the LT-1 in it. Am I correct on this? I think thats all they came with then.
yea they "CAME" with LT-1's but he changed it over, he stroked the motor to a 383. and now it has subtle lt4 badging on it

no this is not my car
#133744 - 01/05/05 01:11 PM Re: gp owners street cred
Dcp594 Offline
Loc: Frederick, MD
Quote:
Originally posted by Lebesd:
I dont know, In a way Im glad they don't get alot of street cred. I know I could be thrown into the younger "import crowd" but thats one reason I went with the GP to get away from that. I much rather go with a v6 than a p.o.s 4 cy that has a body kit that is 4 diffrent colors, not to mention the suprise when they see ur tail lights.
Don't bash on all 4cyl, liek i said before i respect anything that is well built and doesn't look liek trash. trust me i know plenty of 4 bangin hondas and mitsubishis that can tear most people a new one. yes i agree most altezza/euro whatever you wish to call them tail light look just straight out silly. but that it where the line gets drawn . When your car turns into a rice mobile instead of an import( yes there is a difference ) thats when i start to dislike their car.

no this is not my car
#133745 - 01/05/05 06:41 PM Re: gp owners street cred
4 T 8 states Offline
Loc: winter park,fl
im talkin about the LT-1`s that came in the vette`s back in the early `70`s.

the buick roadmaster that i saw parked in the garage was a completely modified, $$ no object type of vehicle that is probaly OOAV that if we all had the $$ we do what ever we want so we could hammer hammer and look good while we do it.

OOAV= one only actual vehicle
bearcat bct-7 law enforment/weatherband scanner
#133746 - 01/05/05 07:01 PM Re: gp owners street cred
2fast4u Offline
Loc: Livonia, MI
Roadmasters are not dogs, for a big heavy car they move pretty good.

Mods: 11.87@115 strictly stock
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/98-GTP-burnout_207724.htm
#133747 - 01/05/05 07:07 PM Re: gp owners street cred
4 T 8 states Offline
Loc: winter park,fl
especially when you got twin turbo`s sittin on top devileek
bearcat bct-7 law enforment/weatherband scanner
#133748 - 01/05/05 07:43 PM Re: gp owners street cred
kustomkid54 Offline
Loc: Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by Kirmie:
Well, not too many people respect them untill they have seen our cars first hand. I know my friend with a Mustang GT respects my car now and wants to show his other friends with Mustangs at Milan in the spring. Nobody really seems to know to much about our cars and many are intrigued when they see them. So if you want to change our image with somebody, race them.
Milan Dragway???
My God I ran that track right after it opened. Used to have a "I'll ripe your trans out" dip right after start line. They ran some blowen Chevy II's out there and ate the strip up. They jacked them in the air and took them to 8 grand. Then they kicked the jack stands out.
Hope they did some work on it, it was junk.

#133749 - 01/05/05 08:12 PM Re: gp owners street cred
TexasGP Offline
Loc: Georgetown, Texas
I detailed and drove a '92 roadmaster today.....For a big friggin car like that, it sure did have the get-up-and-go. It has a big buffet table for a dash...LOL
#133750 - 01/06/05 01:33 AM Re: gp owners street cred
TastyBake Offline
Loc: Ohio
4, 6, 8. It doesn't matter. As long as proper engineering went into it.

GPs don't need street cred. They are sleepers. They race, many win, and then they go to red lobster later that night.

[GONE]
GenV GTP engine, 12" Brakes, CAI, 3" DP, HighFlo Cat, 180 T-Stat, Aeroforce Gauge, Front STB, Stinger Fiberglass hood, Reflective Graphics.
#133751 - 01/06/05 05:58 AM Re: gp owners street cred
Dementeddj Offline
Loc: Kansas (Redneck Country)
Quote:
Originally posted by TastyBake:
4, 6, 8. It doesn't matter. As long as proper engineering when into it.

GPs don't need street cred. They are sleepers. They race, many win, and then they go to red lobster later that night.
I second that motion!!! cheers laugh laugh laugh hammer
98 GTP GMPP handling kit, HomemadeFWI, MSD coils, Taylor wires, 180 drilled tstat, TR6IX plugs, Intense STD PCM, JimmyC DP, Thrasher shift kit (mild setting), AGX/Intrigue spring setup, drilled/slotted rotors with Hawk HPS pads. Hopefully more to come
#133752 - 01/06/05 08:27 AM Re: gp owners street cred
AustinGTP Offline
Loc: Austin, TX
Quote:
4, 6, 8. It doesn't matter. As long as proper engineering when into it.

Nice!
thumbsup

Died 5/1/08, resurrected 5/15/08
ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#133753 - 01/06/05 11:49 AM Re: gp owners street cred
InitialDGP Offline
Loc: Germantown, Maryland USA
Quote:
4, 6, 8. It doesn't matter. As long as proper engineering went into it.

usa
Modified 2001 Grand Prix GT 3800 Red/Orange Kills: Acura RSX type-S, Early 90's Rx-7, Mustang 5.0GT, Modded Cavalier, Assorted Civics, Assorted Integras, Sentra SE-R Spec-V, F-150, Early Modded Golf, Modded GP SE, Stock GP GT, Altima 2.5S, Maxima. Killed By: Modded RSX-S, Heavily Modded Older RX-7, 2005 Altima 3.5, VW Bora Modded, Modded Turbo'd Jetta. Now retired till further modification.
#133754 - 01/06/05 11:59 PM Re: gp owners street cred
Lebesd Offline
Loc: Wisconsin
I do agree there are some nice 4 cyc out there. My friends Integra ...has a ton of work put into (turbo v-tech)it and is really nice DCP, but I guess I was more speaking in a generality. At Least where I live most of the suped up 4 cyc are junk cars that kids go on ebay and buy a "turbo muffler."

Funny story about that, back when I had a v6 LeBaron, a friend and I were racing back home one day both going over a hundred. We pass this Camary (We had both seen it before) twin turbo mufflers on the back, no turbo 4 cyc, full blowen body kit. The thing had no chance when he tried to catch up. It was funny.

That LeBaron was a fun car, too bad tranny blew out. Dang chrysler trans.
#133755 - 01/07/05 12:50 AM Re: gp owners street cred
kustomkid54 Offline
Loc: Florida
You know GP is the best "bolt on" car ever built. How many cars do you know that you can spend a couple bucks, bolt a part on and pick up 20-30 extra HP.
For the same money, rice burners get a loud muffler.