Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#133756 - 01/07/05 07:41 AM Re: gp owners street cred
blown_gp Offline
Loc: Memphis
Quote:
Originally posted by kustomkid54:
You know GP is the best "bolt on" car ever built. How many cars do you know that you can spend a couple bucks, bolt a part on and pick up 20-30 extra HP.
For the same money, rice burners get a loud muffler.

I think that is a little bias, as anyone that owns performance cars thinks that they have the best bolt on car ever made, dont get me wrong I love my car, but if I want to get serious power out of it, I need to drop some cash, instead I have seen 88-93 mustangs that go high 12 with a very limited budget...our car is a great sleeper though.
#133757 - 01/07/05 11:12 AM Re: gp owners street cred
bryanp Offline
Loc: Omaha
My friend has a 93 Mustang GT that has the blue top and the silver bottom. Trunk keyhole shaved, all emblems shaved, custom airbrushed 302 on the side, and custom Mustangs running along his 3" cowl hood. That thing is an utter beast. He used to have the aluminum GT40 heads on it, but sold them.

Anyway, its lowered about 2 inches from the ground. Its a nitemare on speed bumps, but its still my favorite mustang around.

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/684818
#133758 - 01/07/05 01:25 PM Re: gp owners street cred
InitialDGP Offline
Loc: Germantown, Maryland USA
Yea wtf do you do if your car is 2in off the ground and u run into a place when u have to hit some speed bumps? Wouldnt your car fall on the bump in the middle and dent the f*ck out of your entire sideskirt/undercarriage?
Modified 2001 Grand Prix GT 3800 Red/Orange Kills: Acura RSX type-S, Early 90's Rx-7, Mustang 5.0GT, Modded Cavalier, Assorted Civics, Assorted Integras, Sentra SE-R Spec-V, F-150, Early Modded Golf, Modded GP SE, Stock GP GT, Altima 2.5S, Maxima. Killed By: Modded RSX-S, Heavily Modded Older RX-7, 2005 Altima 3.5, VW Bora Modded, Modded Turbo'd Jetta. Now retired till further modification.
#133759 - 01/07/05 02:03 PM Re: gp owners street cred
UMfan Offline
Loc: Oregon
Quote:
Originally posted by InitialDGP:
Yea wtf do you do if your car is 2in off the ground and u run into a place when u have to hit some speed bumps? Wouldnt your car fall on the bump in the middle and dent the f*ck out of your entire sideskirt/undercarriage?
Probably.

When I drive out to the ocean, I go over some nasty bumps. Last summer I stayed at a hotel and scraped my exhaust on the parking ramp (very steep grade).

I will never get my car lowered because of the possible damage around here.
#133760 - 01/07/05 03:02 PM Re: gp owners street cred
bryanp Offline
Loc: Omaha
Quote:
Originally posted by InitialDGP:
Yeah, it looks mean as hell, but completely impracticle.

He has to go over speed bumps diagonally.

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/684818
#133761 - 01/07/05 05:06 PM Re: gp owners street cred
TastyBake Offline
Loc: Ohio
Quote:
Originally posted by kustomkid54:
You know GP is the best "bolt on" car ever built. How many cars do you know that you can spend a couple bucks, bolt a part on and pick up 20-30 extra HP.
For the same money, rice burners get a loud muffler.

Cars with superchargers, turbos, or especially diesels are the best bolt-on cars. You can throw mustangs in there too due to the great aftermarket support. Civic's aftermarket is more geared toward looks and sound than power.

With the GP tranny, I wouldn't rank it as the best.

[GONE]
GenV GTP engine, 12" Brakes, CAI, 3" DP, HighFlo Cat, 180 T-Stat, Aeroforce Gauge, Front STB, Stinger Fiberglass hood, Reflective Graphics.
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4