Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#134596 - 07/02/09 04:35 PM Re: OK...now I'm ticked!
ThunderBat Offline
Loc: Virginia
The only things that ticks you even more is when you pull a door panel and as soon as you do the window goes right back to working like a charm banghead

I loosened the bolts and retightened them in sequence like BlackArrows diagram. I also added some graphite in the window tracks to see if that would help.
So I have a brand spankin new regulator just waiting for the next time it decides to screw up. :rolleyes:

Thoughts from the Highway of Life www.tobthebat.wordpress.com
#134597 - 07/02/09 04:47 PM Re: OK...now I'm ticked!
Blackarrow98GP Offline
Loc: CT, U.S.A
That's our gremlins for ya...just plain evil! devilsmile
#134598 - 07/06/09 01:20 AM Re: OK...now I'm ticked!
Doug in CT Offline
Loc: CT, USA
Yeah, I've been buying the cheap regulators off Ebay and I've ended up replacing them about once a year fro the past 3 years. But I'm getting damn good at in installing new ones. I've got it down to about 12 minutes. So I've got that going for me.
Of course, now it's heating up outside and I need to recharge the A/C again. So not having a working drivers-side window on a coupe is getting very uncomfortable. First, A/C recharge, then GM OEM regulator. And this time I'll try the correct torque and order.

Quote:
Originally posted by crimpton:
Genuine GM regulators are definately worth the money. If you're buying your regulators off of Ebay be prepared to change them annually.
If you're buying GM regulators I'm sorry to hear that they are failing on you.
Yes they do fail but replacing them with OEM is usually good for several years.
#134599 - 07/06/09 05:07 AM Re: OK...now I'm ticked!
Acefighter Offline
Loc: Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by Acefighter:
Are the ones from NAPA genuine GM? That's what I've used on the two I've replaced so far. They come with a warranty, though I don't remember how long.
Just re-asking, since no one answered. I'm curious.
#134600 - 07/06/09 11:25 AM Re: OK...now I'm ticked!
Woodys 01GT Offline
Loc: Milwaukee
No the NAPA ones are not OEM. They are made by Dorman with a limited lifetime warranty. Cost is right around $145 for a 2 door model. About the same price for the rear on a 4 door, and $112 for the front on a 4 door.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3