Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#136995 - 09/07/05 03:58 PM Tranny fixed
Alex Offline
Loc: Mexico City
Today my mechani told me that my car is ready, i haven't been able to drive it but he told me that the ABS light is on, what could this be?
Sorry is the Air BAg light which is on!

----------------------------------
My GP went away after more than 5 years of nice driving, good trips all along mexican territory, some mods, stories and headaches, I'm gonna miss it!
#136996 - 09/07/05 04:09 PM Re: Tranny fixed
framos242 Offline
Loc: Chicago, IL
Sensor???
DHP V1.0, Slotted rotors, S/S Brake Lines, Custom CAI, GMPP Handling Kit, KYB's, Jimmy C DP (U-Bend delete w/ Hi-flow cat), Flowmaster Super 40's, drilled 180° T-Stat, Alt. Rewire & Alt. Voltage Booster Combo, 605's, ZZP Motor Mounts

"The only difference between me and a madman is that I am NOT mad!" - Dali
#136997 - 09/07/05 04:26 PM Re: Tranny fixed
Alex Offline
Sorry is the air bag light which is ON!
I've read some posts about this, they talk about a yellow wire, where exactli is this?, and the fuse.

thanks

My GP went away after more than 5 years of nice driving, good trips all along mexican territory, some mods, stories and headaches, I'm gonna miss it!
#136998 - 09/07/05 04:39 PM Re: Tranny fixed
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
The airbag light is on because there is a problem with one of the sensors. Didn't you say your car was also damaged in an accident? If that's the case one of the sensors is buggered and you need to get it fixed. If you can't get it fixed right away pull the fuse so you don't have an unwanted airbag deployment.
#136999 - 09/07/05 04:54 PM Re: Tranny fixed
Alex Offline
Thanks Herc, it wasn't on,until they fixed the tranny, after installing it it got on.
The hit was about 100 km/hr, against a Trail Blazer that was drivinbg 105 km/hr, and the hood received all the damage, i thought the sensor didn't "feel" the hit because of this, is it possible something got disconeected while the tranny and the engine was manipulated??

#137000 - 09/07/05 05:32 PM Re: Tranny fixed
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
Possibly. But remember if the hood got wrinkeled the front took some of the hit as well and the sensor was probably very sensitive and when they pulled the engine to swap the tranny they might have done something to it. Heck maybe they pulled the fuse to work on the front and forgot to put it back in smile
#137001 - 09/07/05 06:52 PM Re: Tranny fixed
BryantGTP Offline
Loc: Franklin, MA
I wouldn't pick it up from the shop until they fix the light. And after that happens, check and make sure that they didn't just cut the wire.
#137002 - 09/07/05 08:53 PM Re: Tranny fixed
parablazer Offline
Loc: Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by BryantGTP:
I wouldn't pick it up from the shop until they fix the light. And after that happens, check and make sure that they didn't just cut the wire.
I'm with him ive been screwed so many times by shops that im scared to take it to anyone that unless im good friends with them