Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#137613 - 12/15/04 08:31 AM Re: Cubby Hole
4rsssfed_grandprix98 Offline
Loc: South Bend
Quote:
Originally posted by BlackHawkGTP:
Hey Crimpton, you might be disapointed...

I just went on www.gmpartsdirect.com and I looked up that part number you gave us. You said you paid $450 for yours? They are selling that same part for only $225.33!!! jawdrop Sorry, if you got ripped off.

But my new question is, if I get that part, what else do I need to install everything? I know I prob need the dash piece and the switch, but is there anything else? And if I get all those parts myself, does anyone know if the dealer would install it? I know they like to make a profit on parts when you buy them from them.
Take a look at my post on the first page with the installation walk through, it will tell you everything you need to know

VS Cam,CompCams lifters,ZZPpushrods,Rollmaster double,4"intake,PLog headers,3"exhaust,IntensePCM,3.3"mps,ZZPHDTrans,3.29gears,2500 stall,GMPP adjustable suspension,TB spacer,160*tstat
#137614 - 12/15/04 12:07 PM Re: Cubby Hole
BrownEyz71 Offline
Loc: some where on earth
Lol...you know InitialDGP when I was sitting in the car that I am getting today..I noticed the two cubby holes too and I wondered the same thing as you..what the heck were they for, it did look like something use to be there and was taken out!
As for putting odds and ends in there well, not much will fit maybe a pack a ciggs. or sun glasses. Also, you guys really need to explain a few things about GP's for me coz' I am all new at this and first thing is..what the heck is a HUD???? Once I get a picture of my new car and post it here..you guys can give me some hook up ideas for it maybe!
Well, talk to you all soon.
#137615 - 12/15/04 12:28 PM Re: Cubby Hole
digital-d Offline
Loc: New York
HUD is head up display. It displays your speed on the windshield and some of them the radio station. I don't have it in my GP, but when I worked for a GM dealer I actually found it to be more of an annoyance. I have two small cubby holes as well. The pack doesn't fit too well and ends up falling out and please show me a pair of sunglasses that fit in there...my raybans certainly don't lol. I have a small plush stuffed animal from my ex way back in one (don't ask why I still have it) and an American Airlines pin in the other. People like the AA pin cause they say it fits my driving style.
#137616 - 12/15/04 03:15 PM Re: Cubby Hole
UMfan Offline
Loc: Oregon
Quote:
Originally posted by digital-d:
HUD is head up display. It displays your speed on the windshield and some of them the radio station. I don't have it in my GP, but when I worked for a GM dealer I actually found it to be more of an annoyance. I have two small cubby holes as well. The pack doesn't fit too well and ends up falling out and please show me a pair of sunglasses that fit in there...my raybans certainly don't lol. I have a small plush stuffed animal from my ex way back in one (don't ask why I still have it) and an American Airlines pin in the other. People like the AA pin cause they say it fits my driving style.
I love the HUD, but you can use the cubby holes for other things.

I placed a volume knob for my subs in the left cubby hole. You could put any kind of switch in there if you wanted (day time running lights? neon?)
#137617 - 12/15/04 06:56 PM Re: Cubby Hole
zachd Offline
Loc: Evansville, IN
As for the HUD being an Annoyance........When i was test driving my 98 w/HUD i was like F*** this and turned it off. After having it for several month i started using it sometimes but still didnt really like it. Then i was hooked i never looked at my dash. After trading and driving my 04 for about 10 months I miss it so. Wish i had it back.

As for the grade of the windshields.......Im still very iffy on that as I dont see there being a big enough production variance in there to be a noticeable difference. But if you are going to install it with a non hud windshield and then its clear its good. If its not then maybe they are actually 2 different windshields.