Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#13771 - 08/15/05 05:41 PM dash light switch
mmart157 Offline
Loc: Gilbert, AZ
Can anyone tell me how to replace the switch that turns your dash lights on when your headlights come on?

When my headlights switch on at night, my dash stays completly dark. I checked all fuses inside the car and out, but I searched on here and some one said they had to replace the switch for their dash lights but I have no idea where it is located.

Thanks
#13772 - 08/15/05 06:12 PM Re: dash light switch
AustinGTP Offline
Loc: Austin, TX
Are your dash lights turned all the way up?
There's a knob/switch next to the headlight switch that dims or brightens the dash lights. Make sure it's all the way bright.

Died 5/1/08, resurrected 5/15/08
ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#13773 - 08/16/05 11:53 AM Re: dash light switch
snowcrash Offline
Loc: charlotte, nc
basically you just rip the front dash off to get to it i believe. there are 2 or 3 screws underneath the steering wheel that you will also remove before taking the dash off. just pull it, or maybe tug it and it will come, just make sure that you look for any clips or anything else that could fall off when you are pulling it off.

shouldn't be that bad to do, but it's just odd for it to stop working, but i've got a friend that has a camaro and he's replaced his 3 times now!
dhp 1.0
#13774 - 08/23/05 05:09 PM Re: dash light switch
mmart157 Offline
Loc: Gilbert, AZ
thanks for the help, for some reason they just started working again? I dont know, if they stop working again I will rip the dash apart and replace the switch