Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#138750 - 05/25/05 06:44 PM Scary sound coming out of park. I don't demand help, but I really need it.
bryanp Offline
Loc: Omaha
I've asked this question a few times before, but it was always at the end of another post, so it didn't quite get the full attention it needed.

Well now the problem happens almost all the time, and the mechanics claim they never hear anything, and the few times I've tried to show it to them, it doesn't do it for me.

Whenever I leave my car for more than 5 minutes it happens. When I shift out of park and release the brake, it makes 2 or 3 (very rapid, under 1 second) thumping/clicking noises. I can feel the clicking in my brake pedal when it happens.

After that everything seems to be fine. But its getting embarressing getting in my car and then having everyone around you look to see what car made that horrible noise.

I'm just really worried it could be something bad... like tranny problems. Everything still shifts fine.

If you know anything, plllease, share it with me.

Thanks. cheers

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/684818
#138751 - 05/25/05 07:57 PM Re: Scary sound coming out of park. I don't demand help, but I really need it.
AustinGTP Offline
Loc: Austin, TX
I'm guessing it's gotta be something in the transmission if it only does it when you shift out of park.

Died 5/1/08, resurrected 5/15/08
ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#138752 - 05/25/05 08:15 PM Re: Scary sound coming out of park. I don't demand help, but I really need it.
Crusin Offline
Loc: Canada
I would have to agree with Austin, since it happen's only at that time, hope you get it worked out and it's not to serious.
#138753 - 05/26/05 06:21 AM Re: Scary sound coming out of park. I don't demand help, but I really need it.
BryantGTP Offline
Loc: Franklin, MA
Might have a cable that's loose and not fully engaging into the gears.
#138754 - 05/26/05 11:08 AM Re: Scary sound coming out of park. I don't demand help, but I really need it.
framos242 Offline
Loc: Chicago, IL
Follow their advice.
DHP V1.0, Slotted rotors, S/S Brake Lines, Custom CAI, GMPP Handling Kit, KYB's, Jimmy C DP (U-Bend delete w/ Hi-flow cat), Flowmaster Super 40's, drilled 180° T-Stat, Alt. Rewire & Alt. Voltage Booster Combo, 605's, ZZP Motor Mounts

"The only difference between me and a madman is that I am NOT mad!" - Dali