Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#139234 - 01/06/03 06:06 PM Warranty Fears ! Please read!!!!
quark_man Offline
Loc: Alberta
Please for all of you who are afraid of mods due to voiding the warranty you are protected by the Federal government for such a thing!!!

http://www.pacchips.com/htm/warranty.htm
#139235 - 01/07/03 01:24 PM Re: Warranty Fears ! Please read!!!!
crazyliver Offline
Loc: Canada
that act does not give you a free pass to do all the mods you want. I am sure porting, exhaust work infront of the 02 sensor, pulley, anything internal (motor and tranny) will void a lot of your engine warranty.

The gist of that act is that if you put on a pulley, and your window stops working, they cannot deny the claim.

Steve
#139236 - 01/07/03 02:08 PM Re: Warranty Fears ! Please read!!!!
quark_man Offline
true, but I was talking to people who want to do somewhat minor changes and may even have had little situations with the dealer's refusal to do work. I also do not think that this is a free license for ANY sort of work but it does protect a lot of work that is internal and otherwise might be viewed as warranty voiding. It all depends on the situation for if you change the nosedirve and put a 3.2" wheel and then your tranny goes because of a defective weld on the case I would like to see someone argue that it was the problem with the output when a UT or Mag Particle or any other welding test shows that the weld had a fault. Like with any law the spirit of the Act is to be able to consider the situation and as a customer be protected by anything in case of a debatable issue.
#139237 - 01/07/03 04:08 PM Re: Warranty Fears ! Please read!!!!
crazyliver Offline
Loc: Canada
You do have a point, but if you put a 3.25 pulley on, and your tranny case breaks, good luck getting warranty on that. get ready for a lot of lawyers fees. I can see it now. "your 3.25 pulley caused the engine to create too much power, putting excess load on the transmission mounts, and putting extra stress on the tranny case, snapping the weld."
#139238 - 01/08/03 12:21 PM Re: Warranty Fears ! Please read!!!!
quark_man Offline
I think what the point of the "proof" would have to be in a situation like this ,where the cause and the obvious but not necessarily correct conclusion, to show that if the tranny is able to safely and properly handle and x amount of HP and the modification exceeded that amount and hence is truly the cause and voids the warranty. I think that the first jump to conclusion would be what you said;"because of this that MUST have happened". The act includes the proof which must mean that the mod would have to be tested and shown that the rating was exceeded.