Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#13995 - 05/09/02 10:47 AM Rear NL Sway bar installed ... my impressions.
Sar Offline
Loc: Naperville,IL.
Got my rear NL sway bars lastnight and couldn't waitto install
them so i did it that same night. After the install this is what
I noticed ...

1) Lane changes are very quick now.
2) Car feels more steady at high speeds.
3) Curves in the road can be taken at higher speeds

But one thing i did notice was that the car still
leans pretty heavily on quick turns. It isn't that flat.

Maybe i need to get the front NL's installed.
Do you guys think that once i put the front bar in
the corner will be greatly improved and the lean eliminated??
For those who have the front bars .. did you notice
a greater improvent when the fronts were installed?

Thanks in advance
Sar
and more to come ...
#13996 - 05/09/02 12:16 PM Re: Rear NL Sway bar installed ... my impressions.
Ross St.Clair Offline
Loc: Gainesville, VA USA
I recently had to remove my Next Level front bar because of some header clearance issues. I now have the stock bar installed with the Energy Suspension endlink bushings. There is a slight noticeable difference between the Next Level bar and the stock one, both with the poly endlinks. To me, the car feels a little more stable in a hard turn with the Next Level bar. I plan on re-installing my front bar sometime, but just having the poly endlinks with the stock bar is pretty good. Long story short... you will probably notice a little difference when you install the front bar, but it won't be dramatic. Make sure you get the poly endlink bushings, too.
#13997 - 05/09/02 12:45 PM Re: Rear NL Sway bar installed ... my impressions.
Sar Offline
Loc: Naperville,IL.
Quote:
Originally posted by Ross St.Clair:
I recently had to remove my Next Level front bar because of some header clearance issues. I now have the stock bar installed with the Energy Suspension endlink bushings. There is a slight noticeable difference between the Next Level bar and the stock one, both with the poly endlinks. To me, the car feels a little more stable in a hard turn with the Next Level bar. I plan on re-installing my front bar sometime, but just having the poly endlinks with the stock bar is pretty good. Long story short... you will probably notice a little difference when you install the front bar, but it won't be dramatic. Make sure you get the poly endlink bushings, too.
Was the lean of the car eliminated once you got the front on there? My car still throws its weight around too much. I have the poly endlink bushings. Maybe i will just install the bushings and see how that works and then install the bar and see if it is noticable to me.
and more to come ...
#13998 - 05/09/02 02:19 PM Re: Rear NL Sway bar installed ... my impressions.
Ross St.Clair Offline
Loc: Gainesville, VA USA
I would say that the car does still lean with the front bar. You should definitely try the bushings, but I guess there's no harm in just putting the bar on, too. You could try it w/ and w/o and see if you think you can really benefit from using the bar.