Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#140088 - 05/06/02 12:41 PM Backordered Progress Lowering Springs???
j_espo1 Offline
Loc: NEW YORK!
hey, does anyone know where i can get some progress lowering springs for my 98 GT? .... ram air tech is out of business, and island motorsports says they are on back order. i definately need a 1.7" drop in the front and 1.5" in the rear otherwise i would just purchase the eibachs

please e-mail me if you have any suggestions
j_espo1@yahoo.com confused
front+rear strut tower bars, 17" enkei RS6, 235/45/17 kumho escta supra tires, de-badged, custom vinyl work, custom painted front grills, reflective lettering PONTIAC, all red bulbs in interior, painted red clipers, removed u-bend+resonator,painted calipers and rotors, de-pinstriped thats all i can think of right now
#140089 - 05/06/02 05:26 PM Re: Backordered Progress Lowering Springs???
Redshift Offline
Loc: Raleigh, NC
Quote:
Originally posted by j_espo1:
hey, does anyone know where i can get some progress lowering springs for my 98 GT? .... ram air tech is out of business, and island motorsports says they are on back order. i definately need a 1.7" drop in the front and 1.5" in the rear otherwise i would just purchase the eibachs

please e-mail me if you have any suggestions
j_espo1@yahoo.com confused
From everything I have read and seen, the drop wasn't actually 1.7" and 1.5" - it was identical to the Eibachs. You might as well get the Eibachs from whoever you like to shop with.

HTH.
#140090 - 05/07/02 03:05 PM Re: Backordered Progress Lowering Springs???
j_espo1 Offline
Loc: NEW YORK!
how could that be? are they false advertising? the eibachs only drop it a inch front and rear and i can't stand the fact that my car is higher in the front, than the back... i mean ill take your word for it but i just dont know why they would say that thats the drop when its not

confused
front+rear strut tower bars, 17" enkei RS6, 235/45/17 kumho escta supra tires, de-badged, custom vinyl work, custom painted front grills, reflective lettering PONTIAC, all red bulbs in interior, painted red clipers, removed u-bend+resonator,painted calipers and rotors, de-pinstriped thats all i can think of right now
#140091 - 05/07/02 03:11 PM Re: Backordered Progress Lowering Springs???
Shag Finger Offline
Loc: Born and raised in Baltimore, ...
There is a revised kit for the Eibachs that lowers the front more. It sounds like you are acting on some slightly outdated info. Alot of us on here contacted Eibach about the problem and I myself actually sent them some measurements. They came out with a new kit that has lower fronts.
#140092 - 05/09/02 10:35 AM Re: Backordered Progress Lowering Springs???
Pat Offline
Loc: Baltimore, MD
Could someone with progressive lowering springs measure from the ground to the top of the fender to see what it is for both the front and rear. Also could you tell me your tire measurements. Thanks
17'' AE 077's, front and rear strut tower braces, 3.4 pulley, cold air intake, u-bend removed, all poly bushings up front, blazertech 3200's, PIAA headlights, disabled DRL's, Viper 600 alarm, 35% tinted windows, Alpine 7893 headunit, 2-12'' JL12w3 subs, Cadence amp, blue neons in the trunk, 3 gauge pillar pod ...
14.2 @ 98
Headers, cat and 3" MSP exhaust are sitting in the living room waiting to be installed
#140093 - 05/09/02 01:40 PM Re: Backordered Progress Lowering Springs???
Shag Finger Offline
Loc: Born and raised in Baltimore, ...
Quote:
Originally posted by Pat:
Could someone with progressive lowering springs measure from the ground to the top of the fender to see what it is for both the front and rear. Also could you tell me your tire measurements. Thanks
Once again I should point out that the wheel well openings are taller in the front and that is not a good measurement to see if the car lowers evenly. My .02.