Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#140150 - 11/20/08 05:46 PM TOTALLY confused on HID relay
tazfootball2 Offline
Loc: Westport, IN
Ok, I got the HID relay harnesses in today. One Bi-Xenon and One single. Where do I begin... Ok I'll start on the Bi-Xenon(Heads). I see how it is suppose to hook up to the stock harness but when I throw in the relay harness is where i'm confused. I have a total of 4 plugs, but they are all male connectors. I know 2 go to the ballast (1 for each side) but the other two I have know clue where they are going. It seems like there should be two female connectors instead of male so I can plug the HID's into the relay. But I can't, I will have male and male.

Pics up in a couple seconds, have to switch over to the other computer.

What I mean:

Here's a pic of the bi-xenon relay harness (headlights), I know one plug on each side goes to a ballast, but where do the other go? What about this second blue connector, is the one on the HID going to be left unplugged now.

The Four male plugs, Where does the HID kit tie into the relay? From the ballast?

Any help is greatly appreaciated, i'm probably making this more difficult then what it is, but it seems something is not adding up/ or some things are going to be left unplugged.

#140151 - 11/21/08 05:30 PM Re: TOTALLY confused on HID relay
Zalfrin Offline
Loc: Iowa City, IA
do you have pics of the ballast? it looks like they gave you lows and highs for each side. weren't there instructions? mine were pretty good, for the non-bi-xenon harness.
#140152 - 11/22/08 12:17 AM Re: TOTALLY confused on HID relay
notladstyle Offline
Loc: Tampa FL
I assume one plug goes to the ballast, the other goes to your stock headlight plug to trigger the relays - you are probably missing some adapters that plug into the ends of those cables.

or, as stated above there may be one plug for low beams and the other for high beams. you should look for manual or post more pics of the other components.
#140153 - 11/23/08 02:10 PM Re: TOTALLY confused on HID relay
tazfootball2 Offline
Went to install them today but they will not stay in place in the housing. You have to modify it some how to stay in place. That circle o-ring type piece won't go behind the bulb because of how it is made. I'm gonna take 'em to that guy on wed. and see if he knows anything about it. If not, i'm just goin' to sell them.

#140154 - 11/24/08 12:43 AM Re: TOTALLY confused on HID relay
The Guz Offline
Loc: Lawndale, CA
The big blue connector mates to your factory headlight harness. You will only be using one side. Preferably the drivers side. Use electrical tape and tape off the passenger socket. The four connectors that are in your second pic goes to each ballast. You should have 4 ballasts for a bi-xenon kit that has a high and low beam bulb on the bulb itself. Place the red wire either to the battery or the fuse relay box. You will need to find a good ground somewhere or else you will get noise into your radio.
#140155 - 11/24/08 03:55 PM Re: TOTALLY confused on HID relay
tazfootball2 Offline
Yep, I only got 2 ballasts (one for each side). I never got four ballasts total. That;s one problem! confused

This is the place I bought them from and they said there is only 2 ballast, that's it. So I either got ripped off or these are good for high and low.

#140156 - 11/26/08 03:23 AM Re: TOTALLY confused on HID relay
The Guz Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by tazfootball2:
Yep, I only got 2 ballasts (one for each side). I never got four ballasts total. That;s one problem! confused

This is the place I bought them from and they said there is only 2 ballast, that's it. So I either got ripped off or these are good for high and low.
I do not see the link you posted. Post it again so we can see what kit you got. Sounds like you either got a low beam only kit. If you did then you need a single xenon relay harness. Or post a pic of the bulb.
#140157 - 11/26/08 06:08 PM Re: TOTALLY confused on HID relay
tazfootball2 Offline
Here: http://www.vvme.com/product/detail-20022.html

It says its for highs and lows.

#140158 - 11/26/08 08:47 PM Re: TOTALLY confused on HID relay
The Guz Offline
You have a telescopic kit which moves the bulb when you activate your highs or lows. Thus the 2 ballasts. I think it would be ok if you run a single xenon relay harness. Try the single harness first and see if the highs and lows work.
#140159 - 11/26/08 08:58 PM Re: TOTALLY confused on HID relay
tazfootball2 Offline
Ahhhh, i'll try that out as soon as I get the car back (maybe, depends on weather). If not i'll try again in the spring. I asked the guy that is working on my car if he sould take a look at it and he said he would, so i'll also see what kind of feedback he has for me. Hey, but thanks Guz for your support!!! cheers