Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#140674 - 07/26/02 10:44 PM Help Me!
koffee Offline
Loc: Puerto Rico
I have a grinding noise at the supercharger . It is not affecting the performance but it is very noisy with the hood closed. Any idea that what can be?? what i have to do to resolved?

tibet@prdigital.com
#140675 - 08/01/02 10:20 AM Re: Help Me!
crazyliver Offline
Loc: Canada
probably a bad supercharger coupler that can be purchased at www.zzperformance.com for about $25 US. It also could be the supercharger snout bearings, which probably could be most easily fixed by purchasing a magnuson snout, from the grandprix store.

Steve
#140676 - 11/15/02 11:49 PM Re: Help Me!
89paspsi Offline
Loc: Nashville, TN
Was the issue described above solved as suggested with a sc coupler or a new snout?

Seems I am experiencing the same "growling" sound as described above. It sounds like gravel rolling around inside the blower at idle. When you get on the gas a little, it goes away. It does seem to be getting louder over the past week or so.

It has become very annoying, and I am worried I am now damaging something in the SC. Is this the case if it is indeed the coupler or snout?

The car has 50K miles. Is this common? Are there any TSB's on the subject?

Any advice is much appreciated.

Thanks
Dave