Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#143362 - 04/11/08 01:31 AM Re: On My Soapbox!
brown Offline
Loc: Belleville, MI
I pretty much went through what you're experiencing t-bat. I finally got the gp rolling smoothly though, but it wasnt cheap. In all I've had the inner and outer tie rods; ball joints, twice; CV joints (boths sides for all) My diff was replaced when my trans was rebuilt. I've also had the rotors/pads and struts replaced. I've paid way too much money to keep the lowered look for my car. I also need an alingment and some new tires. At times, owning a car really sucks. My car drives nicely now though, knock on wood.
#143363 - 04/11/08 09:42 AM Re: On My Soapbox!
ReDgie the WeDgie Offline
Loc: Ottawa Ontario Canada
you need to do what i did after dropping large bucks on an oil leak that still remains to this day. Park it...walk away...after a while of ignoring her...when you go back into the garage sheel wink atcha...and then the excitement which caused you to mod will return. Truth is the car is only worth what someone will pay..and sad to say thats likely not much...for me, im back on board after last years plan to burn her to the ground...TBat they are just like a women..prepare to pay my friend..but sometimes the ride is worth it...hang in there if you feel the same way in the fall then maybe demod and sell her...
#143364 - 04/11/08 01:39 PM Re: On My Soapbox!
ordonez1307 Offline
Loc: Bradenton, FL
Quote:
Originally posted by ReDgie the WeDgie:
you need to do what i did after dropping large bucks on an oil leak that still remains to this day. Park it...walk away...after a while of ignoring her...when you go back into the garage sheel wink atcha...and then the excitement which caused you to mod will return. Truth is the car is only worth what someone will pay..and sad to say thats likely not much...for me, im back on board after last years plan to burn her to the ground...TBat they are just like a women..prepare to pay my friend..but sometimes the ride is worth it...hang in there if you feel the same way in the fall then maybe demod and sell her...
This man speaks the truth.

My car still winks at me right now. With no bumper, motor, headlights, struts, etc.
#143365 - 04/11/08 02:06 PM Re: On My Soapbox!
RooK Offline
Loc: Southern KY
Mine keeps flashing me. It must be a bit more on the wild side. lol

All that aside, I've gotten sick of my car plenty of times. A good break does good for the relationship. Right now she's running better than she ever did and the wheels I got from my sister make it ride and grip so much better, it's like heaven.
#143366 - 04/11/08 02:36 PM Re: On My Soapbox!
SlickGTP Offline
Loc: Houston, TX
I miss mine, but in the end I like the new car and not having to worry about it.

Kinda sorta, yeah, no?

'02 Black GTP - RIP 03/03/08 ||| '06 Black G35 MT6 - Stock ||| '73 Chevy half ton(resurrected)
#143367 - 04/11/08 06:29 PM Re: On My Soapbox!
ThunderBat Offline
Loc: Virginia
I think of the T-Bat as more of a "he" than a "she"...kind of like best buddies or pals...two halves of the dynamic duo or as my wife says "my superhero costume"
As it is with best friends, sometimes you have a disagreement and maybe even get into a scuffle...then when its all over you have a laugh and things can be better than they were before.

I guess thats why I still get sentimental when my son comes around in my old car. I gave my old pal a new mission, to take care of my boy, and he has done that job with distinction...but its almost as if he calls to me, "I miss the way you took care of me...I miss being the Bat-Taxi"

I have news for you my old friend, there might be another Bat Machine in the driveway now, but there will NEVER be another Bat-Taxi...that nameplate will be honored as yours for the rest of my days.

I'll stop on the way home tonite and have a drink and fill the T-Bats gas tank...thats the same as us having a beer...and it'll be good again thumbsup we'll honor the ancestors and carry on with pride.

Thoughts from the Highway of Life www.tobthebat.wordpress.com
#143368 - 04/11/08 06:52 PM Re: On My Soapbox!
SlickGTP Offline
Loc: Houston, TX
Argh! Quite it! You're making me miss my little black beauty. banghead

...and not having the new one around only makes it worse. Damn the dealer for ordering the wrong part!

Kinda sorta, yeah, no?

'02 Black GTP - RIP 03/03/08 ||| '06 Black G35 MT6 - Stock ||| '73 Chevy half ton(resurrected)
#143369 - 04/11/08 10:55 PM Re: On My Soapbox!
ThunderBat Offline
Loc: Virginia
did they give you some little scuz-bucket loaner car?...Nissan Versa?

I apologize if I was waxing rhapsodic...thank heavens my wife finds it charming and funny when I get sentimental about my old cars. ( or the ones I have now for that matter) lol

Thoughts from the Highway of Life www.tobthebat.wordpress.com
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4