Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#14340 - 07/11/05 06:12 PM My car squeeks in Park but not in Neutral. Any thoughts?
bryanp Offline
Loc: Omaha
I haven't figured it out, but my car squeeks when it is Park, but not in neutral, and sometimes drive.

Does anyone have idea what this would be? Hopefully somethings as simple as new belts. Maaaaaann, that would be great. cheers

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/684818
#14341 - 07/11/05 11:28 PM Re: My car squeeks in Park but not in Neutral. Any thoughts?
crimpton Offline
Loc: Portland Or.
Have you ever changed your belts?
If not 36K is a good time to do so. And you may loose the squeak.
Make sure your WP is not leaking. This will cause belts to slip and squeak.

Later now,
Clint

http://pdxcgp.com
#14342 - 07/11/05 11:41 PM Re: My car squeeks in Park but not in Neutral. Any thoughts?
bryanp Offline
Yeah, I've changed the belt connected to the supercharger when I changed the pulley.

It shredded one of the rows of grips though. The one closest to the supercharger itself.

#14343 - 07/12/05 11:26 AM Re: My car squeeks in Park but not in Neutral. Any thoughts?
Alex Offline
Loc: Mexico City
How do i know i have to change my belts, i do not trust the mechanics cause they always said you need to change the belt, i have 2 years with mine, and maybe is time to replace, is there any symptom of bad belts??

----------------------------------
My GP went away after more than 5 years of nice driving, good trips all along mexican territory, some mods, stories and headaches, I'm gonna miss it!
----------------------------------
#14344 - 07/12/05 03:20 PM Re: My car squeeks in Park but not in Neutral. Any thoughts?
snowcrash Offline
Loc: charlotte, nc
some people say to change them every so many miles and then others will go by years, but we basically just look at them for cracks or where they might have torn.
dhp 1.0
#14345 - 07/12/05 04:18 PM Re: My car squeeks in Park but not in Neutral. Any thoughts?
TastyBake Offline
Loc: Ohio
So you have changed actual serpentine belt that used by the engine and all the accessories? If not, a quick change should remedy the problem.

Clint is right about the water pump.

[GONE]
GenV GTP engine, 12" Brakes, CAI, 3" DP, HighFlo Cat, 180 T-Stat, Aeroforce Gauge, Front STB, Stinger Fiberglass hood, Reflective Graphics.
#14346 - 07/12/05 04:26 PM Re: My car squeeks in Park but not in Neutral. Any thoughts?
bryanp Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by TastyBake:
So you have changed actual serpentine belt that used by the engine and all the accessories? If not, a quick change should remedy the problem.

Clint is right about the water pump.
Well, the other day when I was changing my valve cover, I tried to loosen the tensioner pulley for the serpentine belt, and it wouldn't give. Its the exact same process as loosening the supercharger belt, correct?