Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#144906 - 04/27/05 03:42 PM The Road to TMS
Arcxnus Offline
Loc: Texas
Yep, it's come down to the wire now. I know most of you that are going have already had mods for awhile now, so the little stock GT here wanted to at least be presentable enough to be seen with you. lol

In short, I've got box after box of aftermarket stuff rolling in and I've got two weeks to have it all done. I got a set of Austin's lovely big bore exhaust tips Monday, FM DF 40s Tuesday, a pair of 5 1/4" Sony Xplode 200w speakers today, reflective badging tomorrow, and a K&N filter Friday. Busy week. laugh On top of that, it all has to be worked on, the u-bend removed, etc.

Not to mention! I still need to deal with a white paint mark, and get a truckload of 3M stuff to restore the abused thing to its (semi)original red shininess.

All before May 14th.

"Can she do it?!"

You betcha! And I'll have a slew of pictures to let you all in on turning this slightly neglected, past family car into what it should have been in the first place.

But first I lay a question out for you; add to the heap of things that need to be done! Inform me of little things that I may miss while I'm looking at the big picture, since I seem to make a bad habit of doing things like that. Little cheap mods, spots that can be missed while cleaning, whatever. Anything that can turn this:

into .. well, whatever it turns into. And I assure you, it is nowhere near that clean right now. lol I'm procrastinating on cleaning it until the day before TMS. But now to get cracking .. exhaust will probably be done this weekend, and I hope they don't mess anything up while I'm blinding them with camera flash.

Take care.
#144907 - 04/27/05 04:22 PM Re: The Road to TMS
AustinGTP Offline
Loc: Austin, TX
Someone's going to be very busy...

Died 5/1/08, resurrected 5/15/08
ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#144908 - 04/27/05 04:25 PM Re: The Road to TMS
nad Offline
Loc: Imperial MO
Is that a dealer sticker/emblem on the back bumper?? If so, I'd take that off right away, looks kinda tacky. Just a suggestion wink

-Dan-

SOLD-1998 Grand Prix GT with 148K. Infinity Reference 5.25s, Pioneer 4 way 6x9s, Yokohama AS430s, Open cone K&N intake, Front strut bar,180* Powerstat, Dual glasspack mufflers w/ removed resonator, and painted under-hood components.-SOLD-

1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD - 81K, 3" turbo-back exhaust, open cone intake, hard IC piping, boost controller, GReddy Type-S BOV, more to come.
#144909 - 04/27/05 04:46 PM Re: The Road to TMS
TastyBake Offline
Loc: Ohio
I don't like dealer stickers also. If you are going to take it off be very careful. Recommend using a hair dryer to loosen the glue/tar.

[GONE]
GenV GTP engine, 12" Brakes, CAI, 3" DP, HighFlo Cat, 180 T-Stat, Aeroforce Gauge, Front STB, Stinger Fiberglass hood, Reflective Graphics.
#144910 - 04/27/05 04:55 PM Re: The Road to TMS
Arcxnus Offline
Oh .. crud, forgot to say that's an older picture. That thing is -long- gone. lol It was so old the tape had turned gummy and didn't need any effort to remove it.

It's buried somewhere with my 3800 badges now ..
#144911 - 04/27/05 05:19 PM Re: The Road to TMS
framos242 Offline
Loc: Chicago, IL
Looking good. thumbsup
DHP V1.0, Slotted rotors, S/S Brake Lines, Custom CAI, GMPP Handling Kit, KYB's, Jimmy C DP (U-Bend delete w/ Hi-flow cat), Flowmaster Super 40's, drilled 180° T-Stat, Alt. Rewire & Alt. Voltage Booster Combo, 605's, ZZP Motor Mounts

"The only difference between me and a madman is that I am NOT mad!" - Dali
#144912 - 04/27/05 05:22 PM Re: The Road to TMS
AustinGTP Offline
BTW...
An official "TMS Roll Call" post will be going out on Monday May 9th.

ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#144913 - 04/27/05 08:06 PM Re: The Road to TMS
TexasGP Offline
Loc: Georgetown, Texas
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

Got your windows tinted yet?????
#144914 - 04/28/05 02:19 PM Re: The Road to TMS
TastyBake Offline
Loc: Ohio
Took my 3800 badges off also. Pitted the area a bit while removing it but oh well.

They stood out too much.

[GONE]
GenV GTP engine, 12" Brakes, CAI, 3" DP, HighFlo Cat, 180 T-Stat, Aeroforce Gauge, Front STB, Stinger Fiberglass hood, Reflective Graphics.
#144915 - 04/28/05 03:41 PM Re: The Road to TMS
Arcxnus Offline
They do stand out a bit much .. Which is why they're gone.

And no, I'm worried about other things before tint. lol I probably won't ever tint it because I'll start lusting for something else.

And .. Argh! Someone was supposed to take it to the shop today to get all the exhaust work done while I was at work, but I looked out there a few minutes ago, and it's still sitting there, all stock. *sigh* Maybe tomorrow, and if not then, then definitely on the weekend before all the stress from other things makes me want to destroy stuff.

And thanks framos! laugh
#144916 - 04/28/05 07:15 PM Re: The Road to TMS
RooK Offline
Loc: Southern KY
Arcxnus, bit of advice. Once you get the mods installed, disconnect your battery cable for 30~mins and reconnect it. That way your PCM will reset and have to relearn, a side effect is it will notice the changes made by your mods and make the most of them. smile
#144917 - 04/28/05 07:17 PM Re: The Road to TMS
AustinGTP Offline
I need to do that too. The last time I did it was after I got my PCM, and that's been awhile.

#144918 - 04/28/05 08:43 PM Re: The Road to TMS
ThunderBat Offline
Loc: Virginia
hope you get everything done in time...the more I hear about this thing at TMS, the more its sounding like a great place for a meet. Wish I could be there with you guys. I know it'll be a blast...sure would like to let the T-Bat do some thunderin'! I'm thinkin about a whole new exhaust...3in DP, Cherry Bomb and those 3in double tips on PFYC...btw Arcxnus, that ride of yours is lookin plenty good to me...no shame in showing up if you dont get it all done...being there is better!

Thoughts from the Highway of Life www.tobthebat.wordpress.com
#144919 - 04/28/05 09:06 PM Re: The Road to TMS
Arcxnus Offline
Duly noted. Thanks for the info!

As I speak, the Sonys are being put in. Only broke one door panel clamp .. thing. It's the only one that looks like it wasn't replaceable .. Odd.

I'm not sure if this laptop has a USB cable, so pictures will have to come later. I have a nice shot of the next mod everyone should do: putting the door panel on the roof for that extra bling effect. lol

T-bat, you sneak, you got a post in before me! Maybe next time you can make arrangements to come! I believe there's another event in the fall, and I think we'd do well to have another color other than red and white. laugh
#144920 - 04/28/05 09:09 PM Re: The Road to TMS
TexasGP Offline
Loc: Georgetown, Texas
Sweet, but I had all 4 of mine on top at ONE TIME.....
STACKED BLING!

I put Sony Xplods all the way around...Sound great for the $$