Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#145550 - 07/16/05 10:39 AM Trans Prob Again
ChrisThreePointOne Offline
Loc: South of Chicago
I talked to a buddy of mine who works for the quick oil change place down the road from my house and I had told him about my car shifting into second real hard and he suggested Lucas Trans Slip. So I put a whole bottle of that in. Let it work in for like five days. Problem only goes away within the first couple of minutes of driving around and then would start to act up again.

Well yesterday I get in the car, put it into drive and it starts going, but I could tell something was wrong. The engine was revin up real hard, but I wasn't really going anywhere. Plus I don't think it was switching into second at all. Just kept revin real high, but not going anywhere. So I put a quart of trans fluid in. I'm currently letting the car right now and seeing what will happen.

It's saturday and the only place I know of that will look at my car for free is a good half hour from where I live and I don't want to risk it. Plus now I know why I've been burning 15 bucks in gas in a day and a half.

Sound like something that is going to cost me or could it be a simple trans flush that is needed?
#145551 - 07/16/05 04:59 PM Re: Trans Prob Again
BryantGTP Offline
Loc: Franklin, MA
I had a buddy with a GT that had the tranny completely overhauled. His symptom was the car reving real high but he couldn't get above 25mph. Pontiac covered it under warranty.

I'd have it towed to a shop, it doesn't sound very safe to drive and won't be good for the engine to be near the rev limiter for that amount of time.

Good luck. Hopefully this isn't your problem.