Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#147156 - 08/18/05 05:02 PM Re: Might be selling the GP.. again.
TastyBake Offline
Loc: Ohio
I've gotten used to the xB's look. If I were you, I would test drive it first. You may like the look and the gas mileage claims but best see if you actually like the car itself. Its no fun Paying x amount per monthly for 4-5 years for car you don't really like.

It does hurts some folks to pay near $3.00 per gallon. At that point, looks of the car start to go down in priority. I'd check to see if the GP is up to snuff mechanically, first. Its cheaper to fix it. If so and you like the xB, go ahead and get it.

Third option is to just get an older 4 banger and keep the GTP. Total Insurance cost may go down also.

[GONE]
GenV GTP engine, 12" Brakes, CAI, 3" DP, HighFlo Cat, 180 T-Stat, Aeroforce Gauge, Front STB, Stinger Fiberglass hood, Reflective Graphics.
#147157 - 08/18/05 07:52 PM Re: Might be selling the GP.. again.
Evolution Offline
Loc: Southington CT
Im going to be keeping my GTP, all the while slowly swapping the transmission in my old turbo Saturn. I need to get an upgraded LSD for that poor little thing. It was quick as hell too. I bet it could keep up with a stock GTP or a modded GT. Not off the line, but definetely on the highway =). Not to mention I could get 30mpg easy with the saturn, as long as I stayed out of boost for the most part. My GTP gets like 16 because I like the happy pedal too much, lol.

'97 GTP
Devils Own Progressive Alcohol Injection, TB Spacer, MSD Ignition, TR55s, IPCM, 2.5" Exhaust (no cat) with Borla Muffs, FWI, 2 Pod A-Pillar, 3.4", 160* T-Stat, PowerSlots,
#147158 - 08/19/05 04:23 PM Re: Might be selling the GP.. again.
GillysGTPSS Offline
Loc: Gananoque, ON, Canada
Good to know that my MPG is in line with everyone elses, I thought it was bad. I get about 27 bon the highway, and about 18 in the city

CAI, Flowmaster 40s, Magnaflow cat, u-bend delete, Eibach springs, 16" American Racing rims way more to come
#147159 - 08/21/05 06:51 AM Re: Might be selling the GP.. again.
BryantGTP Offline
Loc: Franklin, MA
In my GTP, I was getting about 25 on the highway.

I don't think that's bad at all. My G/F's Saturn only gets 30 and my motorcycle only gets 32 (pretty crappy).
#147160 - 08/29/05 09:18 PM Re: Might be selling the GP.. again.
parablazer Offline
Loc: Texas
Well I'm finaly back. Had a blast! Amsterdamn was great although i only saw it for one day haha. Europe is awsome anwyays.

Ok back to the topic. I don't know if I wanna keep the car. I left for 12 days, and i get back and theres more wrong with the car now. When you take a turn the steering wheel has what i think to be like a skip in the turn and you can feel it everytime you take a turn. I know the car needs suspension pretty bad, and it has a bunch of little things wrong with it that i am afraid will keep coming. I can't afford a car like that. As much as i do think this car is sexy. I dont want a car that im gonna have to fix every other week. The xB was (in my opinion) a good idea haha, but it was just an opinion i guess. I dont really know what to get but i want something like the xB. Good on gas, 5 speed, small, easy to maintain, i want it to be new as in 2000 or up, and i want it to have alot of aftermarket. Im picky but hey its my car and hopefully for a long time. No hondas, or fords, sry i just dont like those brands (picky again.) I wouldnt mind some ideas from yall but its hard to find a car like that that i would want.
#147161 - 09/01/05 12:07 PM Re: Might be selling the GP.. again.
parablazer Offline
Last night the prices of fule skyrocketed by my house from the usual 2.50 a gallon to 2.79. Then in a matter of one hour it was changed to 3.10 a gallon. I cant deal with my gasmilage and those prices. I really need to either get my car to get the gasmilage its supposed to or sell it and buy something else. Oh and speaking of buying something else. I know i was talking about gettin an xb but now ive been looking and the chevy cobalt ls looks pretty noice. Think if i do sell i might pick one of those up
#147162 - 09/06/05 10:03 AM Re: Might be selling the GP.. again.
parablazer Offline
Well my car is going up on Autotrader.com today. I'm gonna sell it and im not sure exactly what to get next but its gonna be somthing that gets better gas milage. I'll post the link to the Autotrader page once my dad puts it on there when i get home and take pics of it. I really wish i could keep this car but its not gettin the gasmilage i need. Im pretty sure its because i just drive it to fast and i don't think i can easy up on the throttle to get better gasmilage. Its to much fun to hear the supercharger whine haha cheers
#147163 - 09/07/05 11:21 AM Re: Might be selling the GP.. again.
Arcxnus Offline
My friend has one of those new Cobalts. An LS with the sport package. IMHO, it looks funky with four doors, and rightly so, since they probably had to cram in those extra two doors, with it being a sub-compact and all. She says it's pretty quick, probably because it's rather light; light enough to shake around if there's a steady crosswind. It's a nice looking car though, I do agree, especially in silver or blue.

It's just so tiny though. It's not very comfortable. lol I got spoiled with GP seats. Subcompacts make my life worthless. laugh
#147164 - 09/07/05 04:38 PM Re: Might be selling the GP.. again.
GillysGTPSS Offline
Loc: Gananoque, ON, Canada
I'm with you Arc. My wife has a Honda, great gas mileage, good little car, but I am 6'1" and 240 lbs, kinda a little cramped in the front seats for me, I love the leather and the comfort of the GP

CAI, Flowmaster 40s, Magnaflow cat, u-bend delete, Eibach springs, 16" American Racing rims way more to come
#147165 - 09/07/05 04:43 PM Re: Might be selling the GP.. again.
Evolution Offline
Loc: Southington CT
I just saw a 97 GTP down the street from me with like 125k miles, no mods, nothing. For $5400. I almost died of laughter. I guess Im spoiled, I got my car for 2500$ with 138k, but I needed to change the cat, big deal. 5400$ for a car with 125k miles is unbelieveable. Especially when KBB is like 4795 on them. Oh and this one didnt even have leather! I was appauled

'97 GTP
Devils Own Progressive Alcohol Injection, TB Spacer, MSD Ignition, TR55s, IPCM, 2.5" Exhaust (no cat) with Borla Muffs, FWI, 2 Pod A-Pillar, 3.4", 160* T-Stat, PowerSlots,
#147166 - 09/07/05 07:59 PM Re: Might be selling the GP.. again.
parablazer Offline
How much do yall think i could get for my car i nthe condition its it? I put it on autotrader.com for $6200 but its also OBO. After reading evolutions post im thinking of lowering it down a bit.
#147167 - 09/07/05 08:01 PM Re: Might be selling the GP.. again.
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
Was that a Schirroco? I liked those things.
#147168 - 09/07/05 08:14 PM Re: Might be selling the GP.. again.
parablazer Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by HercMan:
Was that a Schirroco? I liked those things.

Its a 1993 VW Corrado SLC. 2.8 liter inline 6 engine, FWD with an LSD stock. Most badass car I've owned and destroyed.

No that was my last car i had it in my sig but i didnt like the pic so i took it out. Heres a pic of my car right after i got it painted and picked it up. about a month later i flipped it in a ditch being stupid and my tires (or lack there of) sucked. after all i put into that car that was about a little over 6000 down the drain all in one turn. Wish i still had that car. I've thought about selling the GP and going back and gettin another one of those but the upkeep alone is way to much on those thnigs. but if you can afford it its one hell of a sexy car to have. First one in my family to flip over a car whoohoo crazy .
#147169 - 09/07/05 08:25 PM Re: Might be selling the GP.. again.
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
A buddy of mine as a GTI VR6. Man that thing can scoot. His car will give mine a run for it's money.
#147170 - 09/09/05 10:06 AM Re: Might be selling the GP.. again.
parablazer Offline
So i stopped by a shop yesterday (that i trust) and i asked the guy how much a radiator flush, tune up, and new kyb struts would cost. he remembered me so i told me that a radiator flush wont clean out how messed up that thing is. i belived him because even my friends who have just looked at it for a second and everyone says that its really messed up inside. so he said i should replace the radiator. so hes gonna give me a price for new radiator, tune up, and new struts all around and if its not horribly expensive im keeping my car. Because im not gonna get my moneys worth outta it selling it while the gas prices are so high. so i figured id keep it get it running right and wait and then sell it for more later. that is if i even wanna sell it later.