Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#147869 - 06/12/02 07:01 AM ???summit racing combo cooler???
Jeff W. Offline
Loc: North Texas
has anyone bought one of these duel circuit coolers. I am referring to the Summit version that has the oil filter relocation kit as part of it with all the necessary mounting hardware, for $99 I want to put a cooler on both the tranny and engine oil since my car spends most of its days in the hot Texas sun. Plus I don't want to put the 3.4" pulley on till I get the cooler on it. It looks like a decent kit, but a $100 is a decent amount of money to throw away on a piece of junk, so any imputs on this matter would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance

"It can't out run Motorola, but it sure comes close!!!"

99 Black GTP Sedan:
Fr & R STB, Thrasher CAI,GM W-body (police) auxilliary tranny cooler, custom 3" exaust to dual 2.5" inlet/outlet mufflers, U-bend replacement, xenon headlights reflective GTP and lower Rocker GRAND PRIX badging, red custom front grilles, 180* stat, Pontiac valve stem caps, red neon light behind front grilles, red custom under hood cross braces
#147870 - 06/16/02 10:59 AM Re: ???summit racing combo cooler???
BrentA Offline
Loc: Mission, KS
After looking over this product I can't recommend it, it's way too small. I would look into MSP's Desert Fox. I've got the GP Store Flexalite cooler, which is a good cooler, but a pain in the a$$ to install. I'm thinking about buying the mounting bracket from MSP a B&M cooler, and some fittings so I can remove the Flexalite. I've helped with a couple of Desert Fox installs, and it's a LOT simpler than the Flexalite. Good luck.
Brent I. Adams '98 Silvermist GTP Coupe Poly bushings, Thrasher airbox, tranny cooler, 3.4" pulley, U-bend replaced, F-bar, Blazertech 2200's, Crossover wrap, Rat heat shield, Borla tips, Taylor wires, NGK TR55's, stereo stuff
#147871 - 06/17/02 01:53 AM Re: ???summit racing combo cooler???
Jeff W. Offline
Loc: North Texas
thanks for the info I will look into to the Desser fox one from msp

"It can't out run Motorola, but it sure comes close!!!"

99 Black GTP Sedan:
Fr & R STB, Thrasher CAI,GM W-body (police) auxilliary tranny cooler, custom 3" exaust to dual 2.5" inlet/outlet mufflers, U-bend replacement, xenon headlights reflective GTP and lower Rocker GRAND PRIX badging, red custom front grilles, 180* stat, Pontiac valve stem caps, red neon light behind front grilles, red custom under hood cross braces