Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#149058 - 03/15/05 11:47 PM Whos in the House! Crew Dawgs
Flyguy72 Offline
Loc: Pittsburgh, PA
Hey, just wanted to intro myself, I'm Brock and Im new to this site. I am a former USAF F-15E Strike Eagle Crew Chief hence the "crew dawg" name.
I'm a fairly new owner (14 months) of a 2001 Grand Prix GT, stock as of now. This is my second pontiac, the first one was a '94 Bonneville SE and I am a big fan of the pontiacs and would love to eventually own a TA one day.
I have not had many problems thus far. All that I've replaced so far is, O2 sensor, belt, fuel filter, brake job all the way around, front left hub assembly, and a blower motor resistor. I have alot of questions about this car so I can make it the best GP it can be.
Thanks for your efforts and responses in advance.
#149059 - 03/16/05 12:08 AM Re: Whos in the House! Crew Dawgs
UMfan Offline
Loc: Oregon
Welcome, and thank you for your work in the armed forces.
#149060 - 03/16/05 06:31 AM Re: Whos in the House! Crew Dawgs
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
Welcome aboard. Glad to see your enjoying your GP.
#149061 - 03/16/05 08:35 AM Re: Whos in the House! Crew Dawgs
AustinGTP Offline
Loc: Austin, TX
Welcome!
Get a couple of pics of your new car now, so you have something to compare it to when you start modding it.
laugh

Died 5/1/08, resurrected 5/15/08
ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#149062 - 03/16/05 11:04 AM Re: Whos in the House! Crew Dawgs
JPGTP Offline
Loc: Colorado Springs
Glad to meet ya, Thanks for your services.. laugh
#149063 - 03/16/05 02:42 PM Re: Whos in the House! Crew Dawgs
Alex Offline
Loc: Mexico City
Nice to met you, please do not invade Mexico...is a joke ok, don't know when i could be offensive

----------------------------------
My GP went away after more than 5 years of nice driving, good trips all along mexican territory, some mods, stories and headaches, I'm gonna miss it!
----------------------------------
#149064 - 03/16/05 02:59 PM Re: Whos in the House! Crew Dawgs
framos242 Offline
Loc: Chicago, IL
Welcome to the forum!

You're amongst Pontiac and car fans in general.

Don't hold back on any questions you may have.
DHP V1.0, Slotted rotors, S/S Brake Lines, Custom CAI, GMPP Handling Kit, KYB's, Jimmy C DP (U-Bend delete w/ Hi-flow cat), Flowmaster Super 40's, drilled 180° T-Stat, Alt. Rewire & Alt. Voltage Booster Combo, 605's, ZZP Motor Mounts

"The only difference between me and a madman is that I am NOT mad!" - Dali
#149065 - 03/16/05 06:26 PM Re: Whos in the House! Crew Dawgs
ThunderBat Offline
Loc: Virginia
I wanted a T/A for the longest time, but after looking at both cars I took the GP hands down!...the T/A is an aggresive looking beast to be sure, but when it comes to comfort, economy, insurance and downright practicality, the GP wins going away. The performance can be made comprarable (and economy will still be better) and in the looks department, there are some good lookin pieces out there to add and more on the way! Good to have another GT guy here (2001 GT myself)...and a big salute to the men who keep the Eagles flyin!

Thoughts from the Highway of Life www.tobthebat.wordpress.com
#149066 - 03/16/05 09:51 PM Re: Whos in the House! Crew Dawgs
AustinGTP Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by Alex:
Nice to met you, please do not invade Mexico...is a joke ok, don't know when i could be offensive
lol lol lol

ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#149067 - 03/17/05 03:48 AM Re: Whos in the House! Crew Dawgs
RyanJ Offline
Loc: Warren, Michigan
welcome to the forum, I havent been an owner long myself, but these guys have been very helpful on every question ive had, I think youll like it here thumbsup

'99 GP GT, Custom CAI, 180 T-Stat, U-bend Delete, NGK TR55IX plugs and Taylor Super Spiro wires.
#149068 - 03/17/05 03:56 PM Re: Whos in the House! Crew Dawgs
snowcrash Offline
Loc: charlotte, nc
nice to have ya along for the ride, if you need any mechanical work or pointers, i'm sure jose can help you out hammer
dhp 1.0
#149069 - 03/17/05 04:08 PM Re: Whos in the House! Crew Dawgs
UMfan Offline
Loc: Oregon
Quote:
Originally posted by snowcrash:
nice to have ya along for the ride, if you need any mechanical work or pointers, i'm sure jose can help you out hammer
laugh laugh laugh

Poor Jose....
#149070 - 03/17/05 04:49 PM Re: Whos in the House! Crew Dawgs
AustinGTP Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by snowcrash:
OMG that is too funny.
lol lol

#149071 - 03/18/05 05:37 PM Re: Whos in the House! Crew Dawgs
TastyBake Offline
Loc: Ohio
Agree with TB. No need to get a T/A. You can get the HP you want and pay less insurance and car note wise.

Well, to answer your question here are the basic mods. You will see immediate results.

U-Bend Delete - bend at the bottom of the exhaust that is restrictive. http://www.pfyc.com sells them. About 5hp engine increase.

CAI/FWI - Cold air intake or fenderwell intake. It's about 10 hp engine increase along with some more torque.

3" Exhause down pipe - frees exhaust pressure. Don't know official HP increase.

PCM update - Getting a modified PCM can increase hp by 10-20.

Headers or ported exhaust manifolds - I recommend ported exhaust manifolds as they are cheaper and you won't loose low end torque as much as you would with headers.

You can do other stuff like cams, heads, e.t.c. also.

For the big guns, you can do a engine swap with a Grand Prix GTP or go with a turbo kit that includes everything and raises your hp to sick numbers.

Trannies are the weak point in our vehicles. Feel free to ask any questions. Welcome aboard!

[GONE]
GenV GTP engine, 12" Brakes, CAI, 3" DP, HighFlo Cat, 180 T-Stat, Aeroforce Gauge, Front STB, Stinger Fiberglass hood, Reflective Graphics.
#149072 - 03/23/05 11:34 PM Re: Whos in the House! Crew Dawgs
Flyguy72 Offline
Loc: Pittsburgh, PA
Hey, Thanks alot guys, I appreciate your great responses. I am all about the need for speed. Oh believe me I want to mod this thing like a bad habit. But I'm reluctant to bc its just a GT and not GTP. I do have an idea of what I would like to do and you did cover most of it an then some. This could get addictive, and since I was a jet mechanic, I am a maintenance freak. I'm a budget rider though, so thats what makes this hard decision to make. MOD or NO MOD that is the question?
What is the last year they made the coupe? '03?