Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#149147 - 06/16/05 01:21 PM Re: Going along with Canadian and Austin ..
KungFuFighter Offline
Loc: Baltimore, Maryland
dosen't really matter if I wash my car or not. about 15 mins after I do it: Pollen, dirt, dust, bugs, and pretty much everything get on it. Ah well, I guess it's what I get for livin in the middle of a forest lol .

Your car is lookin squeaky clean Arc. Very nice job. Did ja give is a clean on the inside?

Clear Corners, Silver Star turning lights, Silver Star headlights, Diamond Series foglights, Megan Racing muffler, Interior pulseing blue lights, Borla MPG mod. Much more to come.
#149148 - 06/16/05 02:07 PM Re: Going along with Canadian and Austin ..
Arcxnus Offline
Loc: Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by Austin G T P:
Quote:
Originally posted by Arcxnus:
[b] Well the weather isn't exactly nice here .. It gets up into the 90s with a 100+ heat index and stays that way until way late.
...late September, that is. wink [/b]
Pretty much. lol I seem to remember a few Halloweens that weren't exactly comfortable to be out in. Odd thing is, it was either too hot or too cold. Isn't Texas great?

Quote:
Did ja give is a clean on the inside?
Shh! Be amazed by the shininess! Ooo, look at the shine! *haphazardly shields all eyes from the inside* I'm workin' on that!
#149149 - 06/16/05 03:10 PM Re: Going along with Canadian and Austin ..
ThunderBat Offline
Loc: Virginia
do ya notice how no one on this site ever includes their smiling mugs when they post pics of their rides?...yes, most of the time we are the ones taking the pics...but we never get anyone to snap pics of us with the rides we're so proud of...just my 2 cents...I'm just glad to see some one Arcs age (and her gender) so high on cars...I raised two (one of each) and neither of them seem to care less about their rides...my daughter shows hints now and again but not much more...she seems content to pine for the rest of her life for a copy of "Eleanor" (not a bad car to pine for mind you...I on the other hand pine for so many I lose count) lol ...keep up the great work Arcx! you gonna have that ride lookin mighty boss one of these days.

Thoughts from the Highway of Life www.tobthebat.wordpress.com
#149150 - 06/16/05 03:19 PM Re: Going along with Canadian and Austin ..
UMfan Offline
Loc: Oregon
I agree Tbat, but my fiancee is too embarassed when I go into the driveway to take pics of my car. She just doesn't understand....

crazy
#149151 - 06/16/05 03:25 PM Re: Going along with Canadian and Austin ..
framos242 Offline
Loc: Chicago, IL
For me, I just want to break the camera. crazy
DHP V1.0, Slotted rotors, S/S Brake Lines, Custom CAI, GMPP Handling Kit, KYB's, Jimmy C DP (U-Bend delete w/ Hi-flow cat), Flowmaster Super 40's, drilled 180° T-Stat, Alt. Rewire & Alt. Voltage Booster Combo, 605's, ZZP Motor Mounts

"The only difference between me and a madman is that I am NOT mad!" - Dali
#149152 - 06/16/05 03:34 PM Re: Going along with Canadian and Austin ..
Arcxnus Offline
Yep, I'm short on other people to take pictures for me. I think it's 'cause we know where to take them from to make our car look the best. Not to mention we're the ones that take care of them, know every little thing about them, all the dents and dings, the scratches and the chips, et cetera. smile We're the ones that drive them, so we know the stories and the mishaps!

I used to not give a rip, T-bat. lol I got it back in 2003, in my senior year of high school. Previous to that, the only time I rode in "mom's car" was when I was either sick or in trouble. lol Thus, that car didn't have very many fond memories, plus I still had the complex of it being my mom's car until I got used to it all. My dad works on and knows about all manner of things .. And I've always been a daddy's girl, and was raised around my three uncles and my grandpa. laugh

I didn't really start wondering about the GP until I realized I'd probably be stuck with it for awhile, and since I've always liked to do things myself instead of having someone else mess it up for me, here I am today. And I really .. really ended up liking this car alot. There aren't many like it at all, and I appreciate it even more everytime I drive someone else's car. lol It's handling its eight years of existence, two accidents, two bad alternators and my immaturity and modifying like a pro.

It deserves to look nice after all it's been through. laugh It's so ninja-like .. So deceptively looking like a family car from any normal person's point of view .. Bwahaha! Anyway. I take care of my stuff. I'm protective. I'm competitive. I was forced to grow up early and learn responsibility before I should have. I am rambling.
#149153 - 06/16/05 04:08 PM Re: Going along with Canadian and Austin ..
framos242 Offline
Loc: Chicago, IL
Quote:
Originally posted by Arcxnus:
I take care of my stuff. I'm protective. I'm competitive.
Then you fit right in here.....
DHP V1.0, Slotted rotors, S/S Brake Lines, Custom CAI, GMPP Handling Kit, KYB's, Jimmy C DP (U-Bend delete w/ Hi-flow cat), Flowmaster Super 40's, drilled 180° T-Stat, Alt. Rewire & Alt. Voltage Booster Combo, 605's, ZZP Motor Mounts

"The only difference between me and a madman is that I am NOT mad!" - Dali
#149154 - 06/17/05 04:52 AM Re: Going along with Canadian and Austin ..
ThunderBat Offline
I just wish I could get mine to at least do their own maint...if they were modding with their own money and improving things, hell I'd help them do that!...they just drive them until they break...then they call me on the phone and ask me to wave the magic wrench and make it all better...they'll spend bucks on all their other hobbies...oh well, I not rambling, I'm just whining...you see I know they dont really have a thing for their cars cuz they dont wash them and they dont take pictures of them (with or without them in it)...maybe they will when they have to buy their own...cuz if and when I cut the T-Bat loose, neither of them will get it unless they pony up some bucks.

#149155 - 06/17/05 11:30 PM Re: Going along with Canadian and Austin ..
KungFuFighter Offline
Loc: Baltimore, Maryland
Quote:
Originally posted by ThunderBat:
I just wish I could get mine to at least do their own maint...if they were modding with their own money and improving things, hell I'd help them do that!...they just drive them until they break...then they call me on the phone and ask me to wave the magic wrench and make it all better...they'll spend bucks on all their other hobbies...oh well, I not rambling, I'm just whining...you see I know they dont really have a thing for their cars cuz they dont wash them and they dont take pictures of them (with or without them in it)...maybe they will when they have to buy their own...cuz if and when I cut the T-Bat loose, neither of them will get it unless they pony up some bucks.
I have the Opposite problem. I absolutley adore my car and really want to mod and personalize... Alas, no money. And my dad or mom won't help me because they could not care worth beans.

Clear Corners, Silver Star turning lights, Silver Star headlights, Diamond Series foglights, Megan Racing muffler, Interior pulseing blue lights, Borla MPG mod. Much more to come.
#149156 - 06/18/05 11:16 PM Re: Going along with Canadian and Austin ..
ThunderBat Offline
the money situation will change with time...at least you got the desire...just keep on the learning curve cuz it will save you a killing in the long run...and thats more bucks to do the stuff you want.

#149157 - 06/19/05 09:36 AM Re: Going along with Canadian and Austin ..
BryantGTP Offline
Loc: Franklin, MA
Quote:
do ya notice how no one on this site ever includes their smiling mugs when they post pics of their rides?...
I've got over 150 pics of my GTP and this is the only one with me in the picture:
#149158 - 06/19/05 08:34 PM Re: Going along with Canadian and Austin ..
ReDgie the WeDgie Offline
Loc: Ottawa Ontario Canada
I have the misfortune of living off a dirt road....I luv spending 3 hours polishing, waxing...and buffing (the car gets some attention as well) only to end up all dusty. So much for those detailing products that promise "dust wont stick".
I end up pulling over and quickly wiping it down....the things we do for our wheels... crazy
#149159 - 06/19/05 09:12 PM Re: Going along with Canadian and Austin ..
AustinGTP Offline
Loc: Austin, TX
Quote:
do ya notice how no one on this site ever includes their smiling mugs when they post pics of their rides
The only pic of me and my car was taken the day I picked it up. The salesman at the dealership insisted that he take a picture of me and the car.
As soon as he snapped the pic, I was off with my new car (bought used, new to me).

Died 5/1/08, resurrected 5/15/08
ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#149160 - 06/19/05 09:45 PM Re: Going along with Canadian and Austin ..
Arcxnus Offline
With a Honda sign in the background no less, Bobby! That car was pretty nice looking from the beginning. laugh Come pretty far, huh?

Yeah, I've been doing an average of 2 MPH up our driveway since spending all that time on the car. You know what sucks though? The very DAY after I took those pictures, I was over at a friend's house in town, and his mom decided to mow the lawn and turn the water sprinklers on .. lol
#149161 - 06/19/05 11:00 PM Re: Going along with Canadian and Austin ..
snowcrash Offline
Loc: charlotte, nc
well, i hate washing anything to begin with, seems like in nc, it could rain anyday usually. got the big ole' ford and it takes so long to wash it, then driving it to the farm and hauling equipment makes it look dirty again. the only way to keep it clean is not drive it and drive the toyota.
dhp 1.0
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >