Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#149193 - 08/07/04 04:34 AM New Found Love
zachd Offline
Loc: Evansville, IN
Its done for. I have read the articles for years. Watched the tv reviews. And through all this time I have loved the Grand Prix, not becuase I think it is the all but because it is a well rounded car. I have thought that my 'project car' would be a used GTP within a few years, well I was unsure of this as it seemed like there was something else that I needed or wanted. What I am trying to say is the car I have been reading about and just looking at it and going yeah its nice like I do most cars is the Corvette. I have decided that in a few years I am going to purchase a slightly used low mileage 6 spd. I have alreayd been out looking and know how much muhla i will need. Im just wondering what people overall think about the vette. I know at a few times we had a couple vette owners on here.

Just wondering!!!
#149194 - 08/07/04 07:17 AM Re: New Found Love
Chico Offline
Loc: Gonzales Tx.
What can you say about a vette,it's the cream of the american crop in my opinion the ultimate american sports car style perfomance and one of the few cars that hold a decent market price .
#149195 - 08/07/04 07:46 AM Re: New Found Love
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
Great car big hammer smile I too one day will have a vette.
#149196 - 08/07/04 09:40 AM Re: New Found Love
AustinGTP Offline
Loc: Austin, TX
I've always loved the vette and always will.
I think the 82 special edition model was beautiful.

Died 5/1/08, resurrected 5/15/08
ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#149197 - 08/07/04 11:46 AM Re: New Found Love
4 T 8 states Offline
Loc: winter park,fl
or as martha stewart would say.."its a good thing"
as you hear martha theme song with vette smoking tires into the distance with paw-paw hanging out the window devilgrin hammer
bearcat bct-7 law enforment/weatherband scanner
#149198 - 08/08/04 06:27 AM Re: New Found Love
ThunderBat Offline
Loc: Virginia
IMO the C5 is the best vette ever...while many of the older 60s vettes are classics in every sense of the word, to me the C5 is the pinnacle of the vette evolution...its comfortable (even for a guy my size) as most of the previous models were not...its performance is on par with even the mighty ZR1...be it a targa coupe or a roadster, I love them both but I dont really ever see one in my future. I would want to garage the car (my garage is already full!)not to mention everything about owning one is pricey. a used C5 around here is still bringing close to 30K (I wont even pay that for a new car)...insurance, parts, tires, you name it...just say "Vette" and they say "$$$"...of course not everyone is in my income bracket, so if you can swing the dough they I say go for it...although even at 45 years old I dont feel bad about not owning one...because when I visited the National Corvette Museum the parking lot was an ocean of vettes (even the handicap spots...all 12 of them!)...I noticed the average age of the owners there had to be 55-60 years...I returned to the hotel and informed my wife that there was no hurry, I obviously was not old enough to own one of these cars yet!

Thoughts from the Highway of Life www.tobthebat.wordpress.com
#149199 - 08/08/04 08:03 AM Re: New Found Love
jvojr Offline
Loc: Catskills, NY
I think all the Vettes, every year and model, has a place in my heart. A place in my garage would be better. If I had the money, I would just keep collecting them. All of them. Every one. If I could just have only one, then the Sledgehammer comes to mind. Or a Lingenfelter twin turbo'd Z06. However, the cream of the American muscle car crop is not, IMO, the Vette. That title used to go to the Vette, but I'm almost positive that the Viper now holds that honor. There has never been an American car made that comes close to that baby(aside from the GP GTP of course). You could race anything in that rocket, strait line or road course. It is the ultimate in all out performance. I would marry one if I could. I certainly would sell my bike and Chevelle without hesitation to own one. I would still need the GP for practical reasons.

Traded in. 2003 GTP. Every option but HUD. New Mods: Wizaired CAI, SLP Headers, Cat, U-bend and Downpipe, 3.2 Modular Pulley, Phase 3 rollers w/OR Pushrods, Larger Belt Tensioner Pulley, Gatorback, AL103's, 180 Degree Stat, DHP