Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#14997 - 11/30/04 06:42 PM Re: Flowmaster Videos
hot2000gtp Offline
Loc: Cleveland Ohio
hey great videos? I would love to hear what they sound like when you step on it with the car in park
#14998 - 12/09/04 01:13 PM Re: Flowmaster Videos
Alex Offline
Loc: Mexico City
Anyone could post the sound of a GT with K&N air filter and the intake mod?
If i have the muffs changed will this soft the air intake sound?
I've heard some Ford Contour SVT and even a VR6 Golf and it sounds grat to me, but never heard a GT.

Alex cheers

----------------------------------
My GP went away after more than 5 years of nice driving, good trips all along mexican territory, some mods, stories and headaches, I'm gonna miss it!
----------------------------------
#14999 - 12/10/04 12:12 PM Re: Flowmaster Videos
InitialDGP Offline
Loc: Germantown, Maryland USA
The K&N SUCKS air, its loud, when I have the full FWI on it sounds alot like when someone tries to whistle really hard and cant make the whistling noise, like WHSSSST or something similar if your trying to make the noise while you read this hehe. I can still hear it at low rpm with the rumble but it is definately drowned out when I step on it. Im searching for a 20ft USB extension for my comp cam so I can get some garage vids but our cam corder broke before we got any footage of the car show I was going to tape *Cry*
Modified 2001 Grand Prix GT 3800 Red/Orange Kills: Acura RSX type-S, Early 90's Rx-7, Mustang 5.0GT, Modded Cavalier, Assorted Civics, Assorted Integras, Sentra SE-R Spec-V, F-150, Early Modded Golf, Modded GP SE, Stock GP GT, Altima 2.5S, Maxima. Killed By: Modded RSX-S, Heavily Modded Older RX-7, 2005 Altima 3.5, VW Bora Modded, Modded Turbo'd Jetta. Now retired till further modification.
#15000 - 12/10/04 07:22 PM Re: Flowmaster Videos
vette6869 Offline
Loc: sd
just one question does it get louder the higher you rev does it still sound good when you really rev it
#15001 - 12/11/04 02:50 PM Re: Flowmaster Videos
InitialDGP Offline
The exhaust or the intake? The intake only makes a suction sound when you first slam the gas, from about the 2 line to the 3 line on the rpm gauge, then the exhaust/engine drown it out after that, or when you start the car from cold when its warming up it gets quite loud from the intake area, can hear it inside the house upstairs with all the doors closed when its in the garage, ive had people mistake it for a turbo a couple times before who didnt know what was what.

As far as the mufflers it depends, on light throttle I hear a steady rumbling noise, if I floor it it sounds amazing at high RPM its almost addictive, and when it shifts it makes a short popping sound like a corvette, the difference between the stock sound and the sound now is like a cat to a lion, while still remaining under the decibel limit.

Overall if your gonna mod your GP at all I would consider these two mods pretty much mandatory, best money ive ever spent on performance upgrades dollar for dollar.
Modified 2001 Grand Prix GT 3800 Red/Orange Kills: Acura RSX type-S, Early 90's Rx-7, Mustang 5.0GT, Modded Cavalier, Assorted Civics, Assorted Integras, Sentra SE-R Spec-V, F-150, Early Modded Golf, Modded GP SE, Stock GP GT, Altima 2.5S, Maxima. Killed By: Modded RSX-S, Heavily Modded Older RX-7, 2005 Altima 3.5, VW Bora Modded, Modded Turbo'd Jetta. Now retired till further modification.
#15002 - 12/11/04 07:07 PM Re: Flowmaster Videos
NMPatronis Offline
Loc: Charlotte NC.
That sounds awsome, and you just answered my question of what exhaust I want to get. Thanks
#15003 - 12/13/04 08:01 PM Re: Flowmaster Videos
RobinJames Offline
Loc: Minneapolis
Where are you guys getting your Flowmaster 50 and 40's, because when I look at http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/cgi-bin/flowmaster/gmh.html?id=qpKqxEHq for '01 Pontiacs they don't have the GTP (or GP for that matter listed). My GTP that I bought a couple months ago has Borla mufflers on it, which I thought sounded awesome when I first bought the car. Now, its loud all the time, I mean all the time...noise at cruise speed is not cool. I'm looking for flow without the drone.
#15004 - 12/13/04 08:08 PM Re: Flowmaster Videos
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
I grabbed mine on Ebay from peformancepeddler.com. They were a buy now for 35 a piece. I grabbed the 2 1/2 or was it 2 1/4 offset in center outs. You'll need a reducer to mate up to the stock exhaust. But since your going from the smaller pipe to a bigger inlet on the muffs there is no restriction.

looks like the price has gone up since I bought mine back in june.
These guys were great parts were shipped next day and I recieved my muffs three days later.
flowmaster 40 series for sale on ebay by performancepeddler
#15005 - 12/13/04 09:44 PM Re: Flowmaster Videos
InitialDGP Offline
withstupid Performance Peddler I really gotta back on this one, its a great company. Shipped almost immediately arrived a few days earlier than the shipping I paid for, great price my SLP tips were actually almost more than the muffs. Be sure to get the U-bend deleted while you get it welded for those of you who get'em and take'em in to get installed.

Robin if you dont want loud sound go with the 50 series delta flow, CanadianGTP got them and said theyre nice and quiet and sound great. I prefer the deeper rumble which was super 40 series and herc got the louder of the bunch which is the regular 40 series, careful with these if you plan to get alot of extra ponies later on I heard them on a thunderbird with straight pipes and it nearly popped my eardrum, plus the guy got a fix it ticket and sound decibel tickets right after he set off all the car alarms in the parking lot from the revving.
#15006 - 12/13/04 10:28 PM Re: Flowmaster Videos
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
for info I was next to the Po Po at a stoplight the other day and the exhaust sound got me a thumbs up.
#15007 - 12/13/04 11:34 PM Re: Flowmaster Videos
Canadian GTP Offline
Loc: Edmonton Alberta
Part number for the 50's i got are 942451 (Still confused about the free upgrade i got, but i'll crawl around under the car in the spring).

Still can't say enough good things about them, half the time i drive now with my stereo off just so I can hear em', I even can now work the gas to get different notes going to try to get a combination of cool bass tunes going :p - As for the dual tips, now other GP'ers know i've done some mods, so it's sparked some conversations with guys around town.

Love em, Hands down best mod yet!!! And yup, when i hit crusing speed, they are the same as the stock exhaust. I only hear them when playing around a bit or a lot smile

Intense PCM, 3.5" Pulley, SLP C.A.I, 3" D/P, Flipped FSB, U-Bend Delete, Flowmaster 50 Series, Autolite 605's, Drilled 180 Thermo, Falken FK-451's (245/45ZR18), Motegi FF7 Hyper Black 18x7.5, SS Grills, Tint & Overlays here and there.
#15008 - 12/14/04 10:51 AM Re: Flowmaster Videos
framos242 Offline
Loc: Chicago, IL
Quote:
Originally posted by HercMan:
for info I was next to the Po Po at a stoplight the other day and the exhaust sound got me a thumbs up.
It's a good thing they gave you a nod. One of my friend's friend had a '78 Trans Am (Mint). They were driving down Lake Shore Drive they were pulled over. They were wondering what gives. Would you believe the cops just wanted to see the car up front??? Plus, they couldn't believe the car was mint!!!

devilsmile
DHP V1.0, Slotted rotors, S/S Brake Lines, Custom CAI, GMPP Handling Kit, KYB's, Jimmy C DP (U-Bend delete w/ Hi-flow cat), Flowmaster Super 40's, drilled 180° T-Stat, Alt. Rewire & Alt. Voltage Booster Combo, 605's, ZZP Motor Mounts

"The only difference between me and a madman is that I am NOT mad!" - Dali
#15009 - 12/25/04 02:46 PM Re: Flowmaster Videos
blacknredGT Offline
Loc: edmonton alberta
yo fello canadian sounds clean. how much did those cost you and how much would the 40's be.

I have some money and I need to know where the best place to get performance parts for our cars in canada. cheers
#15010 - 12/28/04 05:07 PM Re: Flowmaster Videos
Canadian GTP Offline
Loc: Edmonton Alberta
blacknred. How's it going, good to see you on the Boards, you'll love it here. The total install with Muff's and Pipes was around $500.00 Canadian. The boys at Thrifty on 156st Did an awesome job. Make sure you get the UBend Delete first or at the same time though, it makes a diff.

Not sure about the 40's but i would suspect same price.

Parts in Canada..HAAAAA. Maybe you'll have some luck with some used parts, but I order mine all from the states. YOu'll get killed on the Broker fees if you courier so try to avoid that and use Postal and Patience if you can dude!

Welcome aboard. I think that's 3 Edmontonians now. Cool.!!!

Intense PCM, 3.5" Pulley, SLP C.A.I, 3" D/P, Flipped FSB, U-Bend Delete, Flowmaster 50 Series, Autolite 605's, Drilled 180 Thermo, Falken FK-451's (245/45ZR18), Motegi FF7 Hyper Black 18x7.5, SS Grills, Tint & Overlays here and there.
#15011 - 04/04/05 10:45 PM Re: Flowmaster Videos
Jose Offline
Loc: Phoenix, AZ
what is drone?