Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#150169 - 06/07/02 09:31 PM transmission mount broken
Liz C 99 Regal GS Offline
Loc: Hendersonville, TN
My Regal started vibrating badly while accelerating into left hand turns. I took it to the dealer (only 24,000+ miles on it, turn 25,000 today coming back from FL), they finally found a bulletin about a "weak" transmission mount, and ordered me a new one. I went back there 4 days later when the part came, the vibrations were worse than ever, the mount had broken!

They replaced the mount, I left the dealership (also, I recently had a rotation/balance/alignment done) and the da*n thing is still vibrating, just not as badly... anyone got ideas or had the same problem? TIA, Liz
#150170 - 06/08/02 12:58 PM Re: transmission mount broken
98RegalGS Offline
Loc: Columbus, OH
Liz: I haven't heard of the tranny mount problems. We've got 50k on our 98 with no trouble.

Odd that the vibration would only occur in left-handers ...

Best,
Mike
#150171 - 06/10/02 03:35 PM Re: transmission mount broken
Chew Offline
Loc: Washington, DC
Is it the same vibration as before? i.e. only during left hand turns? Or is it a new vibration problem?

Chew

2007 Sly Silver Pontiac Solstice GXP
#150172 - 06/18/02 04:10 PM Re: transmission mount broken
Liz C 99 Regal GS Offline
Loc: Hendersonville, TN
It's the same vibration, just not as much as before the transmission mount got fixed. Bryan is wondering if I might have a bad strut, but we just from the 7th National F-Body Event in Memphis on Sunday and back from Florida shortly before we left for Memphis and have minor repairs to do the TA. How can I tell if I have a bad strut, is there something specific to look for or a way to test for it? I don't want to sit up at the dealership for hours without them fixing it, I would like to be able to tell them what was exactly they need to fix. TIA, Liz