Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#150197 - 04/05/03 10:36 AM DTC1441 and Rotor Problems.... Help!
RegalGS Offline
Loc: Huntley Illinois
1997 Buick Regal GS 3.4" Pulley on Blower.
EVAP system DTC 1441. This is purge when not selected to purge. Trying to determine if it is normally closed vacuum switch or purge solenoid. Have checked all hoses and cannister and they look ok.
On my 4th set of front rotors. They last until the first time I have to throw out the anchors then they warp. Replace them and the pulsation disappears for a short time. Any ideas???? appreciated. Also seems worse when temperature higher. First stop in morning doesn't pulse much.
Thanks for any suggestions.

--------------------
#150198 - 05/15/03 02:55 PM Re: DTC1441 and Rotor Problems.... Help!
Marc Harbison Offline
Loc: Fredericksburg, VA
Can't help with the DTC. About the warped rotors... what are you torquing the lug nuts to? I've found in the past, that unless they're all torqued down evenly and at the proper spec. that the rotors will warp much easier. You've been around for a while so I'm thinking that may not be a factor, but...

How are the pads and calipers? Are they in good shape? Is the front end aligned properly? How are the tie rods and bearings? That's all I can think of off the top of my head. I suppose a couple bad sets of rotors could cause problems, but not as many as you've replaced.

Best of luck,
Marc
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
RIP '97 GTP w/ 192K miles - Totaled when broadsided
#150199 - 06/23/03 01:15 AM Re: DTC1441 and Rotor Problems.... Help!
Brad97GTP Offline
Loc: CA
I believe that it is a purge solenoid, but it is dark here and I have to check. The p1441 tells me that there is a vacuum leak past the purge solenoid to the evap line, which is a purge solnoid stuck open (malfunction or junk holding it open). It is normally mounted directly to the manifold close to the throttle body, but there are version that have the nylon line going to the manifold instead, with the purge solniod not far back. They are faily cheap so it may be worth replacing. It will have a nylon 6/6 quick connect hose on it. You have to push in on the release (hard) and pull back a little at the same time to release it.
#150200 - 11/10/03 03:26 PM Re: DTC1441 and Rotor Problems.... Help!
Gozilla Offline
Loc: houston,tx
!!!!!!!!!
#150201 - 12/06/03 01:18 PM Re: DTC1441 and Rotor Problems.... Help!
Silentsam Offline
Loc: Canada
Hey, spend the money on cross drilled rotors, you won't be diapointed.
Work on my Grand Prix, funny thought Buick was the test car for Pontiac..LOL
cool