Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#150246 - 07/06/04 07:15 PM 2nd warranty service
zachd Offline
Loc: Evansville, IN
My car goes in again this week, hopefully, the window seal that was replaced before on warranty is now falling off. The horn button only works when it wants and when it does work it is off and on really quick. So I will let you know what is next on the big bad grand prix. Hopefully this thing is the last time in shop until the first tranny service or alignment. banghead banghead banghead banghead banghead banghead banghead
#150247 - 07/06/04 09:40 PM Re: 2nd warranty service
jvojr Offline
Loc: Catskills, NY
It's a bunch of little things that start to add up. I'm trying to get info about the 04. I'm thinking about trading my 03 in and takeing advantage of the $4000 rebate.

Traded in. 2003 GTP. Every option but HUD. New Mods: Wizaired CAI, SLP Headers, Cat, U-bend and Downpipe, 3.2 Modular Pulley, Phase 3 rollers w/OR Pushrods, Larger Belt Tensioner Pulley, Gatorback, AL103's, 180 Degree Stat, DHP
#150248 - 07/06/04 10:01 PM Re: 2nd warranty service
zachd Offline
Be careful if you trade off becuase they may rape you because your car is only one year old.
#150249 - 07/08/04 04:27 PM Re: 2nd warranty service
Adam S. Offline
Loc: Milwaukee, Wi
I was looking into trading in my '02 GT for a new '04 Grand Prix. But, due to the overwhelming amount of used cars out there, and the overall poor resale value of mine, I still couldn't justify it, even if I were to sell mine outright. The sticker price new was $26500 or so, and at 21000 miles last year the dealer was offering me $12000. Even taking into account the almost $4000 rebate and my GM discount, it still wouldn't have been wise. After driving the 04 for the 24hr test drive, I came to the conclusion anyways that the car is not THAT much better, at least not enough to justify going in the financial hole. Do your homework before trading up.
#150250 - 07/08/04 06:04 PM Re: 2nd warranty service
zachd Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by Adam S.:
I was looking into trading in my '02 GT for a new '04 Grand Prix. But, due to the overwhelming amount of used cars out there, and the overall poor resale value of mine, I still couldn't justify it, even if I were to sell mine outright. The sticker price new was $26500 or so, and at 21000 miles last year the dealer was offering me $12000. Even taking into account the almost $4000 rebate and my GM discount, it still wouldn't have been wise. After driving the 04 for the 24hr test drive, I came to the conclusion anyways that the car is not THAT much better, at least not enough to justify going in the financial hole. Do your homework before trading up.
Your right, it is not that much better. One reason some will tell you how drastically it was changed? The car is not all new like they say. Under neith is nearly identical. Most of the changes where aesthetic, there where a few changes mechanically but nothing that could justify giving away a 21000 mile car for a 2 mile car andmoving only 2 years newer from my standpoint. Dont get me wrong i love my new car, but if it wherent for my old car being wrecked and problems showing through i would still have it.
#150251 - 07/08/04 06:05 PM Re: 2nd warranty service
zachd Offline
BTW worked late last nite didnt get up to take my car in this morngin, going outta town will take it in when i get back. darn second shift tears you up when you have to get up before 9. specially when you get home @ 12.
#150252 - 07/08/04 08:16 PM Re: 2nd warranty service
Jizz Offline
Loc: Central Maryland
My car is having a problem with the sunroof. I am getting a "clicking", rubbing, creaking noise from right over the driver head.

Had it in the shop twice now...not fixed yet. I take it back in this Wednesday coming up - the 14th.

The dealer is very aware I am upset of the problem but I still think they are kinda passing it off as I should just deal with the noise...

First off I will not "deal" with a noise in a 30K+ car let alone any car I own new. and Second I paid EXTRA for the sunroof!

Maybe thay are being so passive because of the GM discount I received for the car but heck... it still should not click like a Hamster on Crack!.
#150253 - 07/08/04 08:18 PM Re: 2nd warranty service
Jizz Offline
Loc: Central Maryland
Do not get me wrong about the car though....

I LOVE IT!

No problem what-so-ever other than the "hamster on crack" in the headliner.
#150254 - 07/08/04 09:11 PM Re: 2nd warranty service
zachd Offline
Yeah, I will have mine back to the shop next week, my horn doesnt work unless i hit the lock button on the key fob and my window trim is pealing up on the back driver door. As for my dealer they seem to make a great effort to rectify anything. The first time the seal was in it didnt leak until it started coming off!!
#150255 - 07/11/04 05:46 PM Re: 2nd warranty service
tallpaul Offline
Loc: waukee iowa
you guys think yours is bad. let me give you my list of problems.
tires out of balance at 65 to 75 mph
headlamps vibrate at night
inner fender liners replaced due to gap letting dirt in the engine compartment
ac fresh air door stuck closed
replacement of drivers seat back trim and pad hole coming through leather. there is a bulletin out on this
was recalled right after i got it for a loose rt rear brake line at the caliper
rear window was replaced due to inop defogger grids and it was effecting the fm radio due to the antenna being in the back glass bulletin on this too
upper radiator hose clamp had poor tension and the hose blew off on the way home from work one day. and remember i am a gm technican too so dont feel bad gang. these cars are built in canada. not one of my favorite plants.
1994 olds ciera s sedan
adriatic blue-drk blue interior
P195-70/R14 uniroyal tiger paw touring radials mounted on factory olds aluminum wheels.
#150256 - 07/13/04 03:35 PM Re: 2nd warranty service
zachd Offline
Yeah my headlights are loose to. Also, when I take my car into the dealer for warranty service can I get a temporary car, is this part of the warranty or just up to the dealer.
#150257 - 07/13/04 08:00 PM Re: 2nd warranty service
tallpaul Offline
Loc: waukee iowa
service loaners are up to the dealer. the place i work at has them too. but as i said i do all my own work to my car. at least i know its done right the first time. i have been in the gm service bussiness for over 25 years so i know some stuff.
1994 olds ciera s sedan
adriatic blue-drk blue interior
P195-70/R14 uniroyal tiger paw touring radials mounted on factory olds aluminum wheels.
#150258 - 07/15/04 02:45 PM Re: 2nd warranty service
Adam S. Offline
Loc: Milwaukee, Wi
Thank you Zach, someone else understands! Everyone likes to rave about the latest and greatest, but I found out as well that the new GP's are not "all new" like some think. It's still on the W platform, like the old ones. The only real major changes are cosmetics, interior, and an aluminum front cradle assembly instead of steel, which is lighter and is supposed to reduce vibration. A couple minor tweaks to the 3.8, and a new supercharger for the GTP's. I wasn't all that bothered by the fact that I wasn't able to get the 04, mainly because besides the interior (which I really don't like) and the overall cosmetic re-styling, there's not enough improvement there to justify spending more money on a basically depreciating asset. Also, the later model 02's and 03's are nearly perfect because of GM slowly taking care of characteristic problems every model year. Now that the car is changed, you're taking on a whole new batch of problems that will probably take 3-5 years for GM to smooth out.
#150259 - 07/20/04 03:31 AM Re: 2nd warranty service
zachd Offline
Yeah your right. The changes mechanically are very small. A few people around here tried telling me how improved it was and everything and I will be the first to say that overall the car did improve but its still the old car with a new suit. I had a few people tell me that it was built on a new platform i was like WHAATTTT i dont think so. This is my 3rd W-body car and i know a pretty good amount about them but other than my few things i love the car. I would have had a 03 gt but i wanted brand new with no miles so i could keep it for the long haul....JEEESSAASSS i will probably own new again but my next car will not be a brand new car..........
#150260 - 09/01/04 08:41 PM Re: 2nd warranty service
ABlackVTXinMD Offline
Loc: Joppa, MD
Quote:
Originally posted by jvojr:
It's a bunch of little things that start to add up. I'm trying to get info about the 04. I'm thinking about trading my 03 in and takeing advantage of the $4000 rebate.
Jack - this is not a bad idea. I got my new '04 GTP w/ the competition package, sunroof, and premium sound for $24.5K + taxes & tags - $26K on the road!! The MSRP was about $31.5K + taxes & tags. Found it through GM BuyPower.
2003 Honda VTX1300S
1998 Suzuki Marauder VZ800
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >