Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#150330 - 11/05/09 06:51 PM Front end noise
Dthreap Offline
Loc: Canal Fulton, OH
So I fixed my passenger side wheel bearing and axle but I am still noticing that when I back out of my driveway and go to re-correct my steering to then go forward (I'm slowly moving forward as I'm bringing the steering straight) I hear what is like a rubbing or a clunk.

And I noticed then coming down a friends steep driveway (that you have to make a few turns and pretty much ride your brakes down the hill) that was a really rough grinding noise (I think). So I took some pictures of my front end in hopes that you guys may have some ideas.

#150331 - 11/06/09 02:01 PM Re: Front end noise
Igor Offline
Loc: Columbia/College Park, MD
Sorry, I don't have any solutions to your problem, but your rotors are nice laugh
#150332 - 11/06/09 06:56 PM Re: Front end noise
Dthreap Offline
Haha thanks smile

#150333 - 11/08/09 08:22 PM Re: Front end noise
Dthreap Offline
Well I think it may be my driver side caliper locking up. I found a nice open parking lot today and did every turn possible and got no noise. I took the car home and let it sit for a little bit and as soon as I get out of the drive way and turn the wheel to correct the steering I hear it. It seem the car has to have been sitting in park and turned off and then it will happen when restarted.