Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#150373 - 11/15/09 12:53 PM HID Problem
Dthreap Offline
Loc: Canal Fulton, OH
Well guys I got my HID's and they look amazing! My parents took a look at them and are thinking about getting them for our intrepid and jeep liberty haha.

But I have one problem... When I start the car the gas gauge goes to empty and the DIC says "traction control off" and "service stability control systems" and the only way to get it to fix is to turn the car off and mess with the light switch a couple times and turn the car back on and hope that it fixed it. Any ideas on why this is happening?

#150374 - 11/17/09 08:47 PM Re: HID Problem
Dre da GP man Offline
Loc: Alexandria, Virginia
I don't know about everything else but the gas guage problem is probably you fuel sending unit if Im correct with the wording. I had the same problem where I turn the car on and it would go to empty but I turn the car back off then turn it on again and the gas guage would go back to the correct gas level I had in the car.
#150375 - 11/17/09 08:48 PM Re: HID Problem
Dthreap Offline
Well it has never happened before. Just when i installed the hid's.

#150376 - 11/18/09 02:27 AM Re: HID Problem
Acefighter Offline
Loc: Texas
When it does it you should try turning the car off, NOT messing with the light switch, and turning the car on and see if that fixes it. Then you'd know it wasn't the HIDs. I don't see how they could be the cause. Maybe it's just a coincidence.
#150377 - 11/18/09 04:28 PM Re: HID Problem
Dthreap Offline
If I turn the car off and then turn it back on it doesn't fix it.

I noticed that if I turn the car to ACC, turn the lights on manually, and then start the car and either leave the lights on or turn them to auto that the problem doesn't start. But if I start the car and turn the lights on the problem might start while im in the middle of driving.

#150378 - 11/22/09 12:00 PM Re: HID Problem
Dthreap Offline
Well I was right. The problem was that I had the ballast located to close to the PCM and it must have been causing an interference because I moved it and everything works perfectly again.