Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#150500 - 08/07/07 07:26 PM Tires for 2007 GT
Nitrox Offline
Loc: Canada
Okay, the lease on my 2004 GTP was up and they wanted too much for the buy back. I got myself a 2007 GT with the Special Edition package and the car comes with crappy Michelin MXV4 Plus tires. This car handles differently like night and day with the GTP.
Are these Michelins that bad? They are only H rated which makes them feel too spongy on cornering. Would a V rated tire make a huge difference or does the GT's crappier suspension system limit the amount of decent handling I can expect from the 2007 GT?
The 2004 GTP had BF Coodrich Comp T/As that were very good and the car handled like a charm. Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks.
#150501 - 08/16/07 10:59 AM Re: Tires for 2007 GT
ILikeMyGP Offline
Loc: Michigan
the difference between the GTP and the GT suspension isn't THAT huge, but that will be some of it.

also something i noticed about michelin tires is that they are very soft tires and feel like crap.

bf goodrich, cooper, and bridgestone tires are some of the best ones out there, imo
#150502 - 08/21/07 02:58 PM Re: Tires for 2007 GT
Nitrox Offline
Loc: Canada
Thanks for the info. Yes, I find the Michelins very soft and had to inflate them to 34 psi to get a half decent feel for the road. It's not that bad, but I think with stiffer V rated tires that the handling and feel would improve. Plus, these Michelins are very old technology and GM should be ashamed of themselves putting them on a car like this. Those tires belong on grand daddy's old Cadillac. laugh