Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#150631 - 03/22/07 08:03 PM car problems
killerGP Offline
Loc: somewhere in the ocean
i have an 04 Gt and i have been having what i belive to be electrical problems. once in awhile when im driving the car will sputter and the gauges will be reading wrong, and it will almost die, then shoot forward and almost die again and so on. i will stop, turn off the car, then start it again and it will go away. it often does this after multiple tries to start up too. i have a reprogrammed PCM, but i added that after the first symptoms of this problem. ive also heard it could be a fuel filter problem? anyone with any advice on how to fix this would be a big help.
#150632 - 03/23/07 05:43 PM Re: car problems
jjcom Offline
Loc: USA
Do all of the gauges read wrong? Or is it just the RPMs?

Start with cheap fixes first, really the fuel filter is something you should chance once every year or two, so start there. Could be other problems too, bad CPS, I think an O2 sensor could make that happen, etc. Try the cheap fix first
#150633 - 03/23/07 06:48 PM Re: car problems
killerGP Offline
its just the RPM's, i will rev it and the engine sounds about 1500, but it will read 4 on the tach and cut out. what is a CPS??
#150634 - 03/24/07 07:41 PM Re: car problems
jjcom Offline
Loc: USA
Crank Position Sensor, when they fail, the computer in the car doesn't know where the crank is at, it doesn't know when to add fuel, spark, etc. It can be random and get worse as time goes on. Seeing that your tach is reading way off, I would guess thats your problem.
#150635 - 04/11/07 10:57 AM Re: car problems
killerGP Offline
well, i think that you are right about the CPS. however i just currently drove my car from San Diego to Washington to drop it off while i am gone and it didnt give me any problems at all. it was weird, but made me hapy. thank you for all your help.