Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#150742 - 07/02/04 09:00 PM ENGINE WHINE
agreedy1 Offline
Loc: Nassau County Long Island
I HAVE A 20OO GT. THE CAR IS GREAT, BUT THE ENGINE WINES WHEN ACCELAERATING. DOES SOUND GOOD LIKE THE GTO OR A MUSTANG. DOES THE 2004 GT HAVE THIS WHINE? DOES THE 2004 GTP HAVE THIS WHINE ALSO, OR DOES IT SOUND BETTER?

MY WIFE DRIVES IT, I DRIVE AN OLD ALTIMA. I WANT TO GET A SECOND GP TO REPLACE THE ALTIMA.

WHY DOES THE GP HAVE A FOOT PARKING BRAKE? I GOT A PONTIAC B/C THE NAME WAS NOT BUICK OR OLDS!!!!
#150743 - 07/02/04 09:08 PM Re: ENGINE WHINE
zachd Offline
Loc: Evansville, IN
What does it matter where the parking brake is at? Do you E-Brake slide??? If so, with a very small amount of practice you can do it. People made fun of me when I used to do it.

As for the whine, it could be a number of things, the one that sticks out so bad in my head is the damn stearing rack. Does it intensify when you turn left or right? Another thing it could be is AC? does the whining stop when you turn the AC off? It could also be the alternator bearings. Another thing it could be is your transmission. Does it do it in all gears or just some gears? It is hard to diagnose a 'whine' over the internet. Hell if it was my GP the only whining is the Passengers, they always whine. But those are a few places for you to start looking and pay attention to what may make the whine less noticeable or make it worse....

P.S. Kill the caplocks........