Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#150776 - 03/19/04 11:10 PM Question about upshift light....
Graystone GTP Offline
Loc: Green Bay, WI
I just got my 04 GTP with the comp package. Everything seems to be working fine, except I do not get the upshift light in the manual mode. I don't really need it, but I notice it doesn't light up on the dash or on the HUD. Has anyone else experienced this?
#150777 - 03/20/04 12:14 AM Re: Question about upshift light....
4 T 8 states Offline
Loc: winter park,fl
im curious, when you say manual mode do you mean when you use your paddles.

im trying to remember the test drive i took here when they (pmd) brought a fully loaded gtp to epcot.

on the test course i remember seeing a shift light when i used the paddle mode.

well anyway you dont look at the light any way if you remember to... keep the hammer down hammer only cause its spring.
bearcat bct-7 law enforment/weatherband scanner
#150778 - 03/20/04 10:22 AM Re: Question about upshift light....
Graystone GTP Offline
Yes, its when I'm using the paddles. The book says a light should come on. Anyone out there with a tap shift that can verify this for me?

Thanks
#150779 - 03/20/04 11:22 AM Re: Question about upshift light....
4 T 8 states Offline
have you checked your message center or does your manual say its on the instrument panel?
#150780 - 03/20/04 11:30 AM Re: Question about upshift light....
4 T 8 states Offline
i would also think if you go ahead and turn the key to the start position, all lights should come on including shift arrow light, have you tried that?
#150781 - 03/20/04 11:36 AM Re: Question about upshift light....
Graystone GTP Offline
I figured it now. Thanks for all the suggestions. I took another GP for a test drive (the dealer is next to my office). You need to take the car to near red-line for the light to come on. Over 5000rpm in first and the the number on the HUD turns into a shift up sign. I hadn't really hammered mine like that yet. All in all, I love this car!! My sport appearance package gets installed on Monday (came with the car, but didn't arrive to the dealership with the car). Can't wait to see it.
#150782 - 03/20/04 12:05 PM Re: Question about upshift light....
4 T 8 states Offline
allright!!! welcome aboard. i think you are going to like if not love this site cause people hear are helpfull and knowledgeble,plus people hear sont put up with alot of childhood bickering or namecalling that you might find on other sites.

so go ahead...dont be afraid and put the hammer down hammer ...only cause its apring.
#150783 - 09/26/05 03:38 AM Re: Question about upshift light....
clyde Offline
Loc: indiana
just got my jet blck 2004 gtp and luvin it however when trying manual shift i can only get it to downshift
something i am missing?