Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#150789 - 03/05/04 06:23 PM windshild wipers
dansgrandprixgt Offline
Loc: Racine,WI
I'am a new member and I'am not sure if anyone has ever had this problem before but here it goes I have a 98 grand prix gt every once in a while the windshield wipers go crazy it will flip over the drivers side mirror and the pass side will hit the drivers side i tried to tighten up the bolts but it still happens any answers Thanks
#150790 - 03/06/04 10:50 AM Re: windshild wipers
Adam S. Offline
Loc: Milwaukee, Wi
Hey, Dan. Looks like I'm right up the freeway from you, in Cedarburg! Anyway, I'd maybe look at the wiper transmission assembly to see if something's loose or worn. I know there were some wiper motor problems on the earlier GP's, but I don't think that's your problem. The transmission is the linkage assembly, underneath the long black plastic cowl cover at the bottom of your windshield. You'll have to remove the wiper arms, and then some plastic fasteners to remove this cover. Hopefully then the linkage will be exposed, and you can look at all the pivot points, etc. to see if something's loose or bent. It's hard for me to say what exactly is wrong without actually seeing it, but this is where I'd start. Good luck...
#150791 - 03/06/04 10:52 AM Re: windshild wipers
Adam S. Offline
Loc: Milwaukee, Wi
Oh, by the way. Which bolts or nuts did you try to tighten? Was it the single hold down nut at the base of each arm which holds the arms to the car? I see these come loose all the time.