Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#150915 - 04/30/03 05:26 PM Burnout fogs interior
Lorenzo Lopez Offline
Loc: Indiana
I was doing a burnout the other day, and with the fan off, the friggin smoke came into my cabin. I've tried EVERYTHING to stop the smoke from killing my lungs and the nice smell of my interior, but I can't figure it out... any helpful hints?
#150916 - 04/30/03 10:10 PM Re: Burnout fogs interior
crimpton Offline
Loc: Portland Or.
Hello,

2-3 weeks oughta do it.....
It's pretty much embedded, you'll just have to wait for it to go away....It will, trust me...
Later now,
Clint(did a burnout w/ the defrost on)from Portland.

http://pdxcgp.com
#150917 - 04/30/03 10:23 PM Re: Burnout fogs interior
Lorenzo Lopez Offline
um, I'm sorry, I think I totally missed something... what are you talking about? I was simply talking about the burnt rubber smoke entering my cabin through the air vents. I can't keep the smoke out.... confused
#150918 - 05/01/03 12:38 AM Re: Burnout fogs interior
crimpton Offline
Hello,

Sorry, I thought U meant the smell lingering for days...which it will.
I don't have the problem when I turn the heating/cooling system to "off".
Everything seems to shutdown and no smoke. If that don't work, try hitting the recirc. button...... If there is one. Mine's a 2000. I'm sure they still have a recirc. option.
Later now,

#150919 - 05/01/03 12:55 AM Re: Burnout fogs interior
Lorenzo Lopez Offline
There is a recirculation function that keeps the air inside the cabin when the fan is blowing. That probably will keep the air (smoke) out of the car, but I was wondering if there was a way to do that without having the fan in the on position (the only way to activate the recirculation function is to have the fan in the "on" position)

Thanks for the input! I appreciate it.
#150920 - 05/01/03 10:25 PM Re: Burnout fogs interior
crimpton Offline
When you turn your fan off, do you just turn the fan all the way down??? Or do you turn the system OFF.
I have success w/ keeping the smoke out when I turn the system off, which is different from turning the fan all the way down. If I just turned the fan all the way down, the smoke would still come in, because the fan is not off, it's just running at a very low speed.
If you don't have the ability to turn the system off, recirc is going to be your only option. As long as you have it on "vent" with AC OFF the AC will not kick on, if that's what you are worried about. If you have it on Heat, or Defrost, the AC pump will still kick on and off....Well, it does on my '00. Maybe someone w/ an '04 can chime in here, since I don't have one to clarify.
Good luck,

#150921 - 05/02/03 03:04 AM Re: Burnout fogs interior
Lorenzo Lopez Offline
I'm not sure, there is supposedly an off position, but the fan, like you said, still moves slowly, obviously.
I dunno... I'll just play around and see what I can come up with.