Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#151112 - 06/28/09 06:37 PM Need Supercharger Help
Subwarrior632 Offline
Loc: Moreno Valley, CA
I have a 2006 GP, GT, 3800 Series III V6 with Supercharger.
Have a solid Check Engine Light. Diag code is P0033 Supercharger Bypass Valve Solenoid Control Circuit. Unfortunately the Haynes manual does not cover anything on the Supercharger, only a small descriptive paragraph. Have a few questions.
1. Does this fault code point to a specific component or could it be one of several items involved with the bypass itself? If so, and it is an actual solenoid failure, where would I find it?
2. What position should the vacuum actuator be in at idle? Extended or retracted?
3. Are there any vacuum checks I can do with a vacuum gauge? If so, how many inches of vacuum should I be looking for?
4. Could this bypass valve solenoid be the next component down stream from the vacuum actuator? Looks like it might be some sort of check valve as it has a piece of foam material that looks like a mini-filter.

Anyway, any help someone can provide would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Subwarrior632
Mark Barnett
markwbarnett@msn.com
#151113 - 06/29/09 07:39 PM Re: Need Supercharger Help
ordonez1307 Offline
Loc: Bradenton, FL
Sounds like the Boost Bypass Valve is bad, or a vacuum leak on it. There is a black box type thing that sits in front of the supercharger that is by the throttle body. (The thing that has the foam material in it).

The BBV itself might be bad, or the vacuum line that goes to it may be cracked.
#151114 - 08/07/09 05:04 PM Re: Need Supercharger Help
Subwarrior632 Offline
Loc: Moreno Valley, CA
Thanks! I replaced the solenoid and the problem is fixed.