Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#151115 - 01/29/06 07:17 PM Window inside icing?
jaimewhitt Offline
Loc: West Virginia
Anyone notice their windshield "inside" getting icy on cold mornings? I can defrost and the outside will be clear but I have to rag wipe the inside of my window and it's like slush. I do have sun-roof thought that kept some cold inside. Any ideas?
#151116 - 01/30/06 02:30 PM Re: Window inside icing?
2005GP Offline
Loc: Beaver county PA
The only time that ever happened to me was when i put an anti fogging product on the inside of my windshield..i think it was "FOG X". It went on like "RAIN X"...i wipped it on then buffed it off....after i put it on my winshild, it iced up on the inside. Hope that helps
#151117 - 01/30/06 07:55 PM Re: Window inside icing?
ILikeMyGP Offline
Loc: Michigan
actually it will only ice up on the inside if there is enough of a temp diff. from inside to outside and there is mositure on the inside. what happens is condestation then the condenstation freezes and you get ice. 2005gp the only reason you would have got that effect is if you used too much fog-x.
using fog-x is a way to help prevent it, but there is a trick to it. it can't be put on too heavily or too lightly, which is a major pain in the butt. i get it only once in a while, but i have just been living with it for now.
#151118 - 02/01/06 08:55 AM Re: Window inside icing?
jaimewhitt Offline
Loc: West Virginia
Thanks to you both. Considering you live in PA and MI I would think cold winters is something your both used to.