Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#151183 - 01/10/06 08:13 AM creaky ceiling with sunroof
Syracuse Offline
Loc: Syracuse, New York
I have an 04 Grand Prix GTP that has a ceiling that creaks when you're driving. It sounds like people are walking on a wood floor in an old building.

Has anyone else experienced this and were able to get it fixed?

Thanks!
#151184 - 01/10/06 04:16 PM Re: creaky ceiling with sunroof
Fusionorange04 Offline
Loc: Toronto
Mine does the same, especially when I turn the heater on, I think it's just the expansion and contaction of the plastic. Not much we can do about it.
#151185 - 02/28/06 08:52 AM Re: creaky ceiling with sunroof
wb45039 Offline
Loc: Ohio
I have this problem too in my 05 GTP...

I think the problem is related to the cheap thin material that the shade is made from.

I finally had enough yesterday and pulled out that plast grip-strip. It came off rather easily and in 1 piece (with nothing broken). Interestingly...the car is now dead silent--even on rough pavement.

It just blows my mind that on a $31k car that the sunroof visor material would be so cheap...

Does anyone know if there is an aftermarket piece that is less "flexible"? I've actually noticed that this panel will bow down in the middle when in the direct sun all day...the sunroof material is my buick never does this.....
#151186 - 03/02/06 10:31 AM Re: creaky ceiling with sunroof
Syracuse Offline
Loc: Syracuse, New York
yeah, the handle on my sunroof creaks from time to time - but what I'm trying to fix is where the map lights and sunroof switch is.

my brother has a new Chevy truck with a sunroof and Chevy used a vinyl rubbermaid like frame and handle on their sunroof - so why can't Pontiac do something like that?!

you're right - for a $31k sticker - I'd hope for more quality in the product - any of you Pontiac designers out there reading this??