Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#151277 - 06/16/06 09:55 PM New member here...what do I need to know?
Jackal Offline
Loc: MO
The old lady had a 2000 Sunfire but totled it last week so we just got her a 2005 GP Sedan with 15K on the clock about 2 hours ago. I'm a forums junkie so here I am...left the j-body forums for what...w-body? So far I'm VERY impressed. laugh

Are there any defects or recall issues I should check out? (j-bodies have common issues with the HVAC blower motor controllers, defrost connection burning up, etc.) Got the stock 16" steel wheels wrapped in 225/60R16's...what size are you guys running? I usually go a size or two wider if they fit but try to stay close to stock height or one size lower pro. Are there cheap factory alloys to be had? I don't see a classifieds section.

What are the hot mods? Specifically the "cheap or free" ones like removing intake restrictions, etc. Who does the best tuning on these and what are the gains? Any "tricks" to it like feed it 89 octane or? Thanks guys, I'll get to searching the posts now. cheers

One last question, is this the "big" forum for GP's? There aren't very members. confused
#151278 - 06/19/06 10:30 AM Re: New member here...what do I need to know?
framos242 Offline
Loc: Chicago, IL
Welcome.

Get a CAI and a PCM to begin with...

clubgp.
DHP V1.0, Slotted rotors, S/S Brake Lines, Custom CAI, GMPP Handling Kit, KYB's, Jimmy C DP (U-Bend delete w/ Hi-flow cat), Flowmaster Super 40's, drilled 180° T-Stat, Alt. Rewire & Alt. Voltage Booster Combo, 605's, ZZP Motor Mounts

"The only difference between me and a madman is that I am NOT mad!" - Dali
#151279 - 06/24/06 02:10 PM Re: New member here...what do I need to know?
05-Comp-G-Florida Offline
Loc: Port St Lucie, FL
Put a 225-55-17 wheel/tire combo on for a much better look, K&N cold air induction and Flowmaster 40 mufflers on for cheap performance.
#151280 - 06/24/06 10:52 PM Re: New member here...what do I need to know?
Dre da GP man Offline
Loc: Alexandria, Virginia
I dont know any recalls on the 05 but I heard on here alot of people complain about the wind noise from the sunroof if you have one in your gp.