Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#151284 - 02/21/03 05:35 PM Who's got an '04 on order?
Redshift Offline
Loc: Raleigh, NC
We do...anyone else? Can't wait to start bolting on the horsepower.

Look for tons of cool stuff at the GP Store for the '04 shortly. smile
#151285 - 02/23/03 12:52 PM Re: Who's got an '04 on order?
artrains Offline
Loc: Long Island NY
Ordered a Galaxy Silver GTP CP last week to replace my 2000 GTP.
Every Option except sunroof,need the headroom for my 6"6" bod.
Ray T
#151286 - 02/24/03 06:29 PM Re: Who's got an '04 on order?
Fluid Offline
Loc: Alaska, USA
My 2004 GTP/WS6 was built last week, now I just have to wait for it to transit up here to Alaska. I too am anxious to see what performance parts will be available soon... laugh
#151287 - 02/24/03 10:28 PM Re: Who's got an '04 on order?
crimpton Offline
Loc: Portland Or.
Hello,

'04's are already in production?????
I didn't think production started till late summer.
If they are being produced....Do you still have to wait till they hit the showrooms to get yours?
Later now,

http://pdxcgp.com
#151288 - 02/25/03 12:48 PM Re: Who's got an '04 on order?
Marc Harbison Offline
Loc: Fredericksburg, VA
Quote:
Originally posted by crimpton:
Hello,

'04's are already in production?????
I didn't think production started till late summer.
If they are being produced....Do you still have to wait till they hit the showrooms to get yours?
Later now,
I was talking with a Pontiac rep who's pretty high up the food chain the other night. He told me the '04 Grand Prixs will begin hitting the show room floor in mid March. That's a bit earlier than the when the last body style change hit the streets (June of '97 I think?).

Marc
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
RIP '97 GTP w/ 192K miles - Totaled when broadsided
#151289 - 02/25/03 03:35 PM Re: Who's got an '04 on order?
Fluid Offline
Actual 2004 production began February 3rd:
http://www.arifleet.com/pnews/2003/303.htm#psud

If you can find a dealer who knows about the 2004 build you can order one now, before they hit the floors. All dealers should have their allocations by now, so they'll know what they can do for you. This mid-year build is a LOT different than past years; we will see more and more of these early-year releases in the future.

I'm glad mine wasn't built in the first two weeks of '04 production, giving it a lower chance of build problems ( I hope! ). But the Canadian plant used is the best in the country for build quality, so I'm optimistic....

I had tracked the build start for months, and went to the dealer 2 days before they had their allocations. Not one salesman there knew anything about the '04s - the idiots kept handing me '03 pamphlets even though '03 ordering had been closed for weeks. But the sales manager found a guy who was smart enough to look, and I was able to order the first day they had open allocations. This was before final pricing was announced, but I had the right to refuse the car, and wasn't required to put any money down....pretty decent of them. But they know they'll sell the thing if I don't want it!
#151290 - 02/27/03 02:28 AM Re: Who's got an '04 on order?
04compGTP Offline
Loc: Richmond BC CANADA
I have my order in as well but i must wait until the summer....sometime in July Oshawa will start painting 2004 GPs in Graystone Metallic....should look awesome with Dark Pewter Leather interior...i checked off all options except X-FM which is not available in Canada...yet.
#151291 - 02/27/03 12:45 PM Re: Who's got an '04 on order?
Fluid Offline
Quote:
...Graystone Metallic....should look awesome with Dark Pewter Leather interior...
I agree. I'd like either the Graystone Metallic or the Sedona Beige Metallic, but my current car gets turned in the first part of April so I don't have the option of waiting. But actually I'd probably pick the Galaxy Silver Metallic anyway; our roads are so dirty up here that most of the really cool colours just show too much dirt.

My Intrepid is Inferno Red - really beautiful when clean - but it takes too much work. A neighbor has a '99 black GTP, and she washes it three times a week with touch-ups in between. It always looks great, but what a lot of work! My '97 Silvermist Bonnie ( L67 sleeper ) looked great and didn't show every speck of dirt, mud and road film. I'll be happy with my '04 GSM GTP/WS6! wink
#151292 - 02/27/03 03:03 PM Re: Who's got an '04 on order?
quark_man Offline
Loc: Alberta
The new car guide for 2004 was something that I was very excited to look at concerning the pictures of the 350 hp, AWD GTO that I saw, so it was a bit of a huge let down when I saw the 2004 model. I hope I am not making a bit of a mood breaker with all who already have the or ordered them, but to me the Grand Am'ish look of the Grand Prix is a bit too disturbing. Did anyone else get that feel?
#151293 - 02/27/03 06:19 PM Re: Who's got an '04 on order?
Fluid Offline
There has been a lot of "heat" on the CGP board about the looks of the 2004....some really like it, some actually hate it. To me, current GP owners have to realize that their body - beautiful as it is ( and I think it is! ) - has been around too long and looks dated compared to the competition. It should be no surprise that the 2004 has styling cues from both the Grand Am and the Bonnie - PMD has linked these cars together in style for years.

Is the 2004 a departure from the G8 styling? Of course it is, it has to be contemporary to claim new sales against the competition. Will it sell well? Who knows for certain, but I suspect that it will at least meet the PMD sales goals. Mark my words, when the Gen10 comes out there will be plenty of G9 lovers who will cry and moan out loud that it "sucks", or whatever hip word is "in" when that happens... wink
#151294 - 02/27/03 08:21 PM Re: Who's got an '04 on order?
04compGTP Offline
Loc: Richmond BC CANADA
Hey Fluid....great choice in color...i had a 2000 Daytona 500 Pace Car Replica in Galaxy Silver and i had nothing but compliments on the color...wears the dirt very well !!....i'm basing my choice of color for my 2004 GTP on pics i've seen at the LA and Detroit auto shows and the Grand Ams in Graystone that i've seen at my Pontiac dealer....i think it will be worth the wait !
#151295 - 02/28/03 09:59 AM Re: Who's got an '04 on order?
quark_man Offline
Loc: Alberta
Fluid , I agree with change being good, but how old is the grand prix 5 years. Also is being competitive and at the front edge having 3 lines of vehicles amalgamated into a non-distinct single line with versions - "if you want a grand am with some grand prix buy this, if you want a bonneville with a grand am buy that ". I think if GM thinks that they need to be competitive should they not develop distict classes which will then attract various distinct groups? Also, why is it that when a drastic change comes along its always the body!? I think if GM slowly changed the body, eg got rid of the plastic WHILE revamping the engine. Even though Chrisler is not at all on my list of favs. it is a company that with nothing to loose in the late 80's came up with both inginious body and mechanical upgrades and new vehicles. GM with a nice following of Grand Prix enthusiasts should definitly look into that. Making a car look like something else and not something new is not a new rave - but then that's my two cents.
#151296 - 02/28/03 03:31 PM Re: Who's got an '04 on order?
Fluid Offline
The G8 Grand prix had 7 years in production - that is a long time for a single body style in today's market. Most car manufacturers carry styling cues across their car lines - DC has strong styling similarities in the Intrepid, Stratus and Neons, Ford had the Taurus and Tempo looking like the same car just different sizes. The Toyota Avalon and Camry are very similar in appearance. Ditto the Sentra, Altima and Maxima. Not identical of course, but as similar as the GP and GA are.

I agree that more mechanical changes would be good, but they are coming - change takes time and costs money, and with the recent changes in management at GM we should see something in the next five years. Until then the new GP is a good move to update the model, making it more competitive with current hot sellers from across the pond....
#151297 - 03/06/03 11:21 AM Re: Who's got an '04 on order?
JCHoefer Offline
Loc: Scotia, NY
I've ordered a '04 GTP (CompG) with every option (including engine block heater) in November and it was built on Monday. Should take delivery in the next couple of weeks. It'll be a 2 year lease.
#151298 - 03/06/03 11:27 AM Re: Who's got an '04 on order?
JCHoefer Offline
Loc: Scotia, NY
BAM, when you getting yours, and what options?

I've got a few mods planned for mine....I'll be looking forward to seeing what you've got available!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >