Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#151343 - 03/27/06 02:01 PM "spring" sound after car sits for a while
Syracuse Offline
Loc: Syracuse, New York
hey - do any of you hear a "spring" recoil sound in the morning or after the car has sat for a while when you're at work? I'm just wondering what the sound is.

Thanks.
#151344 - 03/28/06 09:16 AM Re: "spring" sound after car sits for a while
STRANGEGTP Offline
Loc: Florence, South Carolina
I have the same sound with my 04 GTP and was wondering the same thing.
#151345 - 04/01/06 10:16 AM Re: "spring" sound after car sits for a while
hotrodpc Offline
Loc: OKC
Funny this thread is started. I also notice the same thing on a 06 GXP. Usually when backing out of the driveway after it has been sitting. Kind of like a quick "boing" sound, then it goes away.
Someone needs to solve this mystery. It must be normal because we drove the dealerships loaner/demo GXP until they got ours from out of state, and both GXP's did it.
#151346 - 04/03/06 09:30 AM Re: "spring" sound after car sits for a while
Nitrox Offline
Loc: Canada
My 04 GTP does it too, right from the beginning. I can't figure it out, sounds like a spring sound.
#151347 - 04/04/06 10:01 AM Re: "spring" sound after car sits for a while
peej Offline
Loc: New England
I just bought an 04 GTP yesterday and notice the same thing also.
#151348 - 04/04/06 10:06 AM Re: "spring" sound after car sits for a while
STRANGEGTP Offline
Loc: Florence, South Carolina
That's when mine does it also, hotrod, when I'm backing out of the driveway first thing in the morning or leaving the office at night. I have only noticed it when I'm backing up.
#151349 - 04/06/06 11:22 PM Re: "spring" sound after car sits for a while
DeeJay Offline
Loc: Washington DC Metro
hey guys.. i have a 04 gtp and my car does/did the same thing. i took it in to the dealer to get checked out...they said that its a common problem with the 2004. they say its not really a problem per se-- but they went and tightened something under the car. im sorry that i cannot remember what it was, but they say not to worry. i would hear the "boing" when i would turn the steering wheel all the way to the right (or might have been left, if not both) the funny thing is that they had a printout on the issue, and when i asked for a copy they noted that they arent suppose to let consumers see it. its something about because it was the new design they hadnt expected a few things. ever since they tightened it i hadnt heard anything. it was covered under the warranty.
#151350 - 04/10/06 04:26 PM Re: "spring" sound after car sits for a while
rijp Offline
Loc: Atlanta
brakes! Its the brakes!

I have the same problem, the calipers are sticking..

That's why I am replacing my brakes, and using brake cleaner to clean my calipers..

They just need cleaning. Buy some brake cleaner, get some lube, and do it yourself.. takes about an hour or two depending on how good you are.

The brakes stick, you drive, the rotors (not being perfectly alligned) cause the pads to "push" away from the rotors, and the sound you hear is the pads "releasing"..