Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#151468 - 05/22/03 05:54 PM Re: Ooglie Orange Grand Prix
midlifecrisis Offline
Loc: new jersey
That really sucks about the leather interior restriction on the orange. I like the contrast of the seats with the dash. And I really only like the orange color, so now I don't know what to do!
#151469 - 06/01/03 10:16 PM Re: Ooglie Orange Grand Prix
dawnspyt Offline
Loc: Southfield, MI
I LOVE the OO, I took delivery of mine May 14th and the attention I get in it is just unbelieveable! I've got the whole city talking about me. cheers
#151470 - 06/02/03 07:23 AM Re: Ooglie Orange Grand Prix
midlifecrisis Offline
I checked on GM Buypower. There are all of 2 OO GPs in a 100-mile range, and neither has the options I want!
#151471 - 06/02/03 07:53 AM Re: Ooglie Orange Grand Prix
Cliff Cherry Offline
Loc: Caldwell, NJ
dawnspyt - Congrats on the OO purchase kooky but all definitely implied no . Now that the color is actually out, it's pretty much thumbsup

Just checkin' in periodically :-D
#151472 - 06/04/03 10:07 PM Re: Ooglie Orange Grand Prix
midlifecrisis Offline
I DID IT!!!

I finally ordered myself an orange GT2! After a couple months of debate, research, and test drives, I finally bit the bullet. I was thinking of black and sport red (both good colors), but orange is just so unique. I got the leather interior & butt warmers, HUD-DIC, cassette and a sunroof. I can't wait to drive and play with all the goodies. Should be around mid-July delivery.
#151473 - 06/04/03 10:43 PM Re: Ooglie Orange Grand Prix
Cliff Cherry Offline
Grudging congrats, MLC! savewave . Let me know if you're ever in North Jersey for the same purpose!

#151474 - 06/04/03 10:57 PM Re: Ooglie Orange Grand Prix
crimpton Offline
Loc: Portland Or.
Quote:
Originally posted by midlifecrisis:
I DID IT!!!

I finally ordered myself an orange GT2! After a couple months of debate, research, and test drives, I finally bit the bullet. I was thinking of black and sport red (both good colors), but orange is just so unique. I got the leather interior & butt warmers, HUD-DIC, cassette and a sunroof. I can't wait to drive and play with all the goodies. Should be around mid-July delivery.
Congrats on the new car!
What's a cassette?????
Just kidding, but I am wondering....Why use cassettes? Ever since the CD came out, I can't bring myself to listen to a cassette anymore.
Sorry about the off topic.

Later now,
Clint

http://pdxcgp.com
#151475 - 06/05/03 04:44 AM Re: Ooglie Orange Grand Prix
Cliff Cherry Offline
Quote:
What's a cassette?????
lol

Actually, I thought I was the only one left who used cassettes square . When I got my 97 GTP it came with CD player but I had them swap it for cassette, not wanting to obsolete my collection. If I had to buy a new album on CD, I would immediately record it onto cassette so I could listen to it in the car. I finally broke down about a year ago and bought a 10-disc changer, so at least now I had a choice :p .

Grudgingly acknowledging the times square things!

#151476 - 06/05/03 09:09 AM Re: Ooglie Orange Grand Prix
midlifecrisis Offline
I'm still debating whether or not I should have got the cassette. I have some, but don't play them too often. I'm also debating whether I should have gotten the SIAB, but I heard that there was a delay in availability? Please let me know about this issus, since it is probably not too late to call my dealer today and change the order to add the air bags. However, I don't want that to delay the delivery date. I don't know how I'm going to wait 5 weeks as it is! smile
#151477 - 06/05/03 10:14 AM Re: Ooglie Orange Grand Prix
Cliff Cherry Offline
MLC - A fairly reliable source posting on the edmunds.com Grand Prix board (he was right about 2 other ordering issues I had posted there) said that the SIAB are now delayed until late September eek .

I decided not to wait since they seem to keep pushing it back and I don't want to string things out indefinitely. It's a shame because they are a worthwhile option.

As for the cassette issue, I bought a CD recorder at Radio Shack for about $200, and was able to record my cassettes onto CDs. Audio CD-R's cost 40 to 50 cents each. It was worth it to me because I have over 200 cassettes. The quality isn't the best, since you're recording analog onto digital, and there is some cassette hiss on the CD, but it was cheaper than spending $15 each to buy the CDs. Some of my older ones are out of print anyway.

#151478 - 06/05/03 11:07 AM Re: Ooglie Orange Grand Prix
midlifecrisis Offline
I'll ask my saleman to check into the SIAB, but if they are delayed until September I can forget about getting them.

I wonder how the cassette affects the look of the stereo for better or worse? I don't think I've seen one with a cassette yet. It's no big deal either way. I did not want to spend an extra $600+ on the 6 CD changer. I hope I don't regret that choice.

One thing I would like to do is record all my LP records on to CD. Trouble is my turntable bit the dust a few years back.
#151479 - 06/05/03 11:33 AM Re: Ooglie Orange Grand Prix
Cliff Cherry Offline
notontopic My wife's grandmother still has a turntable and when it needs repair there's one guy in town (probably in the whole state of NJ, but happens to be in Cedar Grove) and he charges a fortune. She's probably paid many times the original cost of the unit, but she only likes LPs and when you're 91 you're not about to try anything newfangled :p .

#151480 - 06/07/03 10:16 AM Re: Ooglie Orange Grand Prix
Wayne Wilson Offline
Loc: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Cliff Cherry:
I bought a CD recorder at Radio Shack for about $200, and was able to record my cassettes onto CDs.
I've done this with some of my old LPs, sure quality isn't the same but it's not bad. Cleaned up most of the major pops and hisses, so it's not all that bad.

The issue I had was wondering about the Monsoon system in the '04. My father has a 2000 Regal GS with the Monsoon and I had created a few compilation CD-Rs for him and he said they skipped very easily and frequently. I tried them in the CD player in my 2000 GT at the time, eith no problems or skips.

So when I bought my '04 w/Monsoon, I was wondering if I would get the same results. Nope, I've got six custom compilation CD-Rs made and loaded in the Monsoon 6 disc changer...haven't heard a single skip yet which I am very happy with, especially with the much firmer suspension and harder ride. smile
#151481 - 06/09/03 07:16 AM Re: Ooglie Orange Grand Prix
midlifecrisis Offline
Anybody have any idea how I'm going to make it through the next month until my 04 comes in? I already printed out the online manual and read through it last weekend. What's next? I'm starting to get the shakes from withdrawal. I never knew that ordering a car was going to be like this! wink
#151482 - 06/09/03 07:35 AM Re: Ooglie Orange Grand Prix
Cliff Cherry Offline
I hear you MLC, I've been going buggy crazy checking out forums and online reviews and such. Where did you get the online manual? That would be great to get a jump on all the features thumbsup !

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >