Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#151493 - 06/24/03 08:36 PM Sharp edge cutting the tint on my drivers side...
Wayne Wilson Offline
Loc: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Anyone else got their '04 tinted up yet?

I got mine done the same day I picked it up, got what they call the 'Millenium' tint film 18% all the way round. It is a reflective film. If it's overcast or dark out, the tint looks dark but only say about 25%...but when the sun is out or it's bright, the tint turns into a mirror...

At any rate, I've been going about a month with it no problem...then the other day, did the driver window down and heard a 'crinkling' sound...then when doing the window up noticed that a 1/2 inch sliver of tint at the vertical front of the window (at the mirror) was stripped completely off along with a cut/score in the remaining tint another couple of hairs away from the edge. frown

Has any one else encountered this? I'm not sure if this millenium tint is a little thicker than other films...doesn't seem to be. Anyway, was going to take the car into the dealer to check it out to see whats under the door panel that would do that (and they'll charge me the labour if it's not a warranty issue). The guys that tinted it for me are gonna fix it up no cost for me, but want to wait until I figure out what's in there doing it and didn't want to crack open the door panel with the car being so new and all...
#151494 - 06/25/03 03:49 PM Re: Sharp edge cutting the tint on my drivers side...
midlifecrisis Offline
Loc: new jersey
I did some research and read that it is illegal in NJ to tint your windows in a sedan. Anyone know if that is true?
#151495 - 06/28/03 02:56 PM Re: Sharp edge cutting the tint on my drivers side...
Lorenzo Lopez Offline
Loc: Indiana
I've had my 2004 tinted with 20% for well over 3 months now with no problem at all. Still as perfect as when I got it tinted. sorry about your luck jawdrop
#151496 - 06/30/03 12:01 PM Re: Sharp edge cutting the tint on my drivers side...
midlifecrisis Offline
Loc: new jersey
Too much tinting and the babes won't be able to check you out as you pass them by.... cool
#151497 - 06/30/03 03:37 PM Re: Sharp edge cutting the tint on my drivers side...
Wayne Wilson Offline
Loc: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
When it's hot, or babes are around...the window is usually down and sunroof popped... cool