Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#151498 - 05/05/04 10:49 AM TIRE TIRES TIRES
Jizz Offline
Loc: Central Maryland
Ok lets beat this horse a bit more wink

I was looking at some of the "big" guys websites... Goodyear, Michelin (spelling?) BFGoodrich.. They all have a tire spec sheet with the following info
Dry,Wet,Snow,Quite,treadwear etc... You can base your search on this drastically.
If you are like me and have the same tires on all year and you live in the mid-north you may want to concider the snow rating.

The best tires I have found for my car (04 CompG) I need at least V rated are the Michelin Pilot® Sport A/S...
It is rated Treadlife=7, Wet=10, Quiet=7, Handeling=9, Winter=8, Mud=N/A Overall= 8.8
Now If could afford winter and summer tires I would go with the Michelin Pilot® Sport A/S in the winter and the Eagle F1 in the summer, note quite, not comfortable and crap in the snow but can hook up in the dry and rain.

But right now my tires are BFGoodrich Comp T/A VR4 and they are brand new, so no new tires for me for a while.

Just gabbing :rolleyes:
#151499 - 05/05/04 06:26 PM Re: TIRE TIRES TIRES
Nitrox Offline
Loc: Canada
Why would you go for all season tires in the winter.( assuming you could afford them)
I bought myself a set of Michelin Pilot Alpin for the winter and keep the BF's for the summer.
Trust me, I didn't like spending a 1000 bucks either but they are the most important thing that keeps you on the road.
When the BF's wear out, I will get Michelin Pilot summer tires just for the summer.
I had no choice because these BF's are pretty scary over here in the winter and I know because I tried them for a few snowfalls.
They are also not the greatest for wet but will have to do until they wear out. smile
#151500 - 05/11/04 11:30 AM Re: TIRE TIRES TIRES
Jizz Offline
Well here in MD I would need a good balance of Snow/Wet/Dry for the Winter...

We get a lot of rain ... some snow... and still have a bunch of hammer days smile

So I would need a more "rounded" tire.

And in the Summer I would need a Rain/Dry tire. Nothing Beats the Goodyear F1s for that IMHO smile

But I will go check out the Michelin Pilot Alpin right now smile
#151501 - 05/13/04 01:10 AM Re: TIRE TIRES TIRES
pontiacmatt98 Offline
Loc: Macon, Georgia
Hey Jizz..you might wanna check out the BFG G-Force T/A's..but Im not sure that they make a 225/55R17 in that size(Im assuming thats what yours came with), but Ill be glad to check for you at my Sams Club..I work in the tire dept.,so I try to stay up to date on whats new.. hammer
#151502 - 05/13/04 01:11 AM Re: TIRE TIRES TIRES
pontiacmatt98 Offline
Loc: Macon, Georgia
As for the F1's, you better put back some moola for them.. wink
#151503 - 05/13/04 07:50 PM Re: TIRE TIRES TIRES
Jizz Offline
Yes I most likely will never have the F1s due to the cost frown and yes my tires are P225/55R17 V rated.