Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#151770 - 04/08/06 07:59 AM is my sunroof leaking??? or...
peej Offline
Loc: New England
I got my 04 gtp 6 days ago - yesterday we had heavy rain - last night when i was making a turn I felt a drop of water hit me - then a minute later another drop - I thought the sunroof was leaking but i opened it and felt all around the edge / lip / and inner rim but nothing was wet. Then a little later i felt another drip. I saw the drop cominh out of the dome ligh next to the sunroof switch - so again I open the roof and look fown from above and all is dry (weird). Sinve it rained last night I went out to look this morning and I see a few drips next to the huf contol nd another drip hangin down from the overhead light again. Now I wondering if this could be coming from the onstar antenna? Does anyone else here have a similar problem or have heard of a solution. confused

UPDATE - after further inspection I see that the headliner closer to the windshield is wet around the domelights so I'm wondering if the problem is the windsheild???
#151771 - 04/14/06 09:05 AM Re: is my sunroof leaking??? or...
peej Offline
Loc: New England
just to follow up - the leak was from the onstar antenna - the dealer took it apart and changed some gaskets and this should be all set now. Total cost was $78 and GM picked up the bill. Thats the end of that (I hope)
#151772 - 06/07/06 11:32 AM Re: is my sunroof leaking??? or...
sweetjustice Offline
Loc: Pataskala, Ohio
I have the same car and yes it was the on star antenna. My husband owns a company that fixes waterleak and wind noises for the dealerships around central Ohio. I had the same leak on my car, it hasn't leaked since he fixed it.

My passenger side floor was getting wet also. That ended up being the cowl panel. (fyi)

Good luck