Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#151906 - 04/16/03 04:13 PM Production schedule
gp2 Offline
Loc: Buffalo, NY
I have a GT2 on order with the side air bags. Anyone know when they're planning on producing them?

Also, I haven't found a GP on the lot that has the overhead console with the eyeglass holder. When will those be included? I'm looking at cars w/o the sun roof. I know if you get it, you lose the eyeglass holder.

FYI, I noticed that some of the newest units with a sun roof cool now have the switch overhead and not on the floor console.
#151907 - 04/16/03 04:32 PM Re: Production schedule
Cliff Cherry Offline
Loc: Caldwell, NJ
Unfortunately the holds/delays website I found lists the SIABs as n/a as far as availability.

http://www.us.leaseplan.com/pnews/ponmain.htm

I'm debating whether to go ahead and order mine without the airbags. I personally know the importance of them, as a friend of the family was killed when he was T-boned by a stolen Jeep last October, but I'm not sure about waiting undetermined months either (I know what our friend would say).

Just checkin' in periodically :-D
#151908 - 04/16/03 08:04 PM Re: Production schedule
fpo701 Offline
Loc: Akron, OH
I've seen a non-sunroofed GP. I was at another local dealer on Sunday to get a quiet feel for the car. My dealer has one that I would take on order, but I am able to not take it. trying to get a feel for the look. Anyway, this other dealer had 14 2004s on the lot. Some were the UGLY Mary Kay signatures. A few of them had no sunroof. From what I could see from the outside, it is basicly fit into the same real estate as the sunroof controls. Only one compartment. No Garage door compartment or Radar Detector slot like the 97-03s.
#151909 - 04/17/03 11:08 AM Re: Production schedule
gp2 Offline
Loc: Buffalo, NY
Thanks for the feedback. frown

That "N/A" on the air bags is scary. Especially when the chriomed wheels have an actual date. I was told my order wouldn't be placed until 5/5 but that was in March so I'm still in a wait and see mode.