Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#152045 - 12/27/04 04:16 PM Car + No Start +Snow = PITA
zachd Offline
Loc: Evansville, IN
So my car did great in the snow. Go figure so did my last 2 grand prixs. This one actually did a little bit better until yesterday 12/26/04 when I went to start it and it wouldnt turn over *steaming* just to hear a click click click. Put it on a slow charger and with in a few minutes like 10 minutes it was fully charged. Figuring it was just the cold weather taking its tole I went out and drove around and was fine. Well as the holidays invoke a partying sense with all the snow and what not we where at my friends house having a barn party. I decided to leave. My car had been sitting for about 4 or 5 hours. IT wouldnt start again. Jumped it and it was fine got home. Called dealership because its under warranty, they said did you leave something on in the car. I was like yeah that must have been it not. So it goes in today. Because I have aftermarket stereo if it is the alternator or battery can they deny my warranty?
#152046 - 12/27/04 04:42 PM Re: Car + No Start +Snow = PITA
4rsssfed_grandprix98 Offline
Loc: South Bend
This is the one formula that holds true through out the whole universe

As far as the aftermarket stereo, that shouldnt matter, if you have an amplifier and subwoofers hooked up they might try and deny you, but if they do tell them that its a bunch of BS (because it is).

Goodluck with the warranty

VS Cam,CompCams lifters,ZZPpushrods,Rollmaster double,4"intake,PLog headers,3"exhaust,IntensePCM,3.3"mps,ZZPHDTrans,3.29gears,2500 stall,GMPP adjustable suspension,TB spacer,160*tstat
#152047 - 12/27/04 07:32 PM Re: Car + No Start +Snow = PITA
tallpaul Offline
Loc: waukee iowa
hey its a 2004.they have weird problems with them. that is why i got rid of mine. to many weirdo things going wrong with it.
1994 olds ciera s sedan
adriatic blue-drk blue interior
P195-70/R14 uniroyal tiger paw touring radials mounted on factory olds aluminum wheels.
#152048 - 12/28/04 06:29 PM Re: Car + No Start +Snow = PITA
zachd Offline
SWEET!!! FIXED!!! My battery had a shorted cell in it causing it to drain down the other cells and making my battery go KAPUT!!!!

And my headlights are supposedly fixed as well. Well see tonite!!!!

All Warranty Work!
#152049 - 12/29/04 08:15 PM Re: Car + No Start +Snow = PITA
zachd Offline
Ok so it doesnt end here!!!!! Left work last nite car started beautifully!!!!! But when i got to my friends house after work my driver side headlights hi and low didnt work. Dealer forgot to plug them back in.......................I fixed that.
As for the battery looked at it today and its a little 'heavier' than the old batter 700 cca vs 680 cca. thats nice.
#152050 - 01/19/05 12:55 AM Re: Car + No Start +Snow = PITA
Fusionorange04 Offline
Loc: Toronto
Hey guys I've got 52000 kms on mine, and the weirdest thing happened the other day. I had a "check gas cap" alarm. Checked it nothing was wrong. Called the dealership, and they told me to bring it in. It was a busy week so I didn't make it in, when I finally had a chance, the alarm was gone. Should I bother going to the dealer now?
#152051 - 01/20/05 11:44 PM Re: Car + No Start +Snow = PITA
zachd Offline
Could have just not got a few clicks on the gas cap.
#152052 - 01/21/05 06:11 PM Re: Car + No Start +Snow = PITA
Fusionorange04 Offline
Loc: Toronto
Zachd, something funny happened to me today, feb. 21. It was -8 degF. outside, the car started fine, I let it warm up. But while I was driving (sitting at a light, heater cranked up, fog lights on, stereo on) the car would idle right and I got a charging system failure alarm. Think the battery was frozen? I'll find out tonight when I go to work.
#152053 - 02/22/05 08:19 PM Re: Car + No Start +Snow = PITA
RedE Offline
Loc: Fairview, AB, Canada
I had my delco battery go dead too. The dealership said that they don't warrenty batteries and gave me some shaft job about having after market stereo and other crap.. I'm like.. umm.. it was in for 6 months.. why is it not working now.. and what about the remote wire from the deck smartie... if there's no siglan.. there's no demand on the amp.
Anyways.. 100 bucks latter and bought another battery. As far as the fuel cap.. I had mine through up a light .. I cehcked the cap and it was fine.. however it was venting at the time...

Oh and about dealers.. don't ask them if they have preformance parts.. or ask what you can do to make it faster.. You'll get the standard GM "Don't do anything it'll void your warrenty.."
#152054 - 02/23/05 12:06 PM Re: Car + No Start +Snow = PITA
zachd Offline
Ive never go the dont do it it will void your warranty. When i bought my car the sales man was like telling me about a few of the guys that also bought 04 gtp's at the dealership and all the stuff they had already done. i actually asked the dealer if changing wheels exhaust and stuff wouled harm my warranty and i got this. any non factory wheel will void brake warranty in the first 12k miles. darn i have 20k on my car now. exhaust would void exhaust warranty. darn i wouldnt expect the dealership to warranty an aftermarket item.