Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#152199 - 02/14/05 04:18 PM CABLE RUNNING THRU THE ENGINE COMPARTMENT
2005GP Offline
Loc: Beaver county PA
I haven't been able to get a repair manual for my 2005 grand prix, so if anyone can help me out on this i will appreciate it.... There is, what i think is, a cable looping thru the engine compartment. It goes from the engine or tranny to the fire wall and at the midway point of the cable is what looks like a coupler, a point at which it looks like you can disconnect the two halves from each other....WHAT IS THIS?????? Is it the spedo? Is the spedo electronic and connected to the tranny with a plug or is it that cable?
P.S. is a repair manual for the 04 the same for the 05 models?!?
#152200 - 02/14/05 05:40 PM Re: CABLE RUNNING THRU THE ENGINE COMPARTMENT
4 T 8 states Offline
Loc: winter park,fl
if you bought your car new or slightly used it should come with an owners manual, in the backsection it should give you an address that you can mail your money for a complete manual to figure out what your trying to look decipher.

for me even though i did not order one my manual listed for $90.00 not including S+H.

good luck
bearcat bct-7 law enforment/weatherband scanner
#152201 - 02/25/05 06:01 PM Re: CABLE RUNNING THRU THE ENGINE COMPARTMENT
zachd Offline
Loc: Evansville, IN
That cable is the transmission shift cable. The 'coupler' is an adjustment and nothing more. So technically its not a coupler. I thought it was a coupler on my old gt and i was wrong and it was a pain to get it right again. hope this helps