Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#152229 - 11/21/06 03:37 PM Re: 44 mph over the limit ouch!
Chunkee Offline
Loc: Charlotte, NC
I came home from work one night to see a ticket on my screen door. It was for reckless driving.

One of my a$$ho neighbors decided it would be funny.

I ended up going to court and trial for this stupid ticket. Cost well over 3K in lawyers fees. I find out that the ticket was a lousy $200.00 when the judge told me I could plea bargin to not go to trial any further. I was like "omg judge!" and whipped out my wallet right there on the spot. I blame my lawyer and my lack of knowledge (I was 18 years old) for that incident. Haven't gotten a ticket since (Im 37 now).

Pay the ticket, learn yer lesson, be more careful down the line.

PS: Radar detectors will only tell you your going to get a ticket, don't waste your money on one, once it goes off, your already clocked.
#152230 - 11/22/06 04:03 PM Re: 44 mph over the limit ouch!
Jim GXP Offline
Loc: Lake County Illinois
[PS: Radar detectors will only tell you your going to get a ticket, don't waste your money on one, once it goes off, your already clocked. [/QB][/QUOTE]

Not if you have the right one. My passport has saved me from numerous tickets, including laser. My passport goes off between 1/2 to 1/4 mile before you can even see the cop. You don't have as much time with lasar, but you have some. Just remember that if there is no other traffic, there is no defense for instant on radar.
#152231 - 11/22/06 04:34 PM Re: 44 mph over the limit ouch!
jjcom Offline
Loc: USA
Friend of mine has something like that. Lets him know there's cop before he can even see one anywhere. Just have to get the right one
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2